Byrne Robotics | Sports Talk << Prev Page of 3
Topic: NFL Week 2 starts THURSDAY, September 17th Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 20 September 2020 at 10:32pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Sunday,9/20

• Lions at Packers - Right
  • 49ers at Jets - Right...but the injuries.  Woof.
  • Giants at Bears - WRONG!  HAGERMAN RIGHT!
  • Rams at Eagles - RIGHT!  HAGERMAN WRONG!
  • Jaguars at Titans - RIGHT! HAGERMAN WRONG!
  • Panthers at Buccaneers - Right
  • Broncos at Steelers - Right
  • Falcons at Cowboys - RIGHT! HAGERMAN WRONG!  The Dirty Birds had this game in hand.  They just had to do the most simple thing and fall on the onside kick.  Instead, they inexplicably waited with the Cowboys for it to travel ten yards.  Inexcusable.  
  • Vikings at Colts - Wrong.  Worst game of the day by far.  You expect the Jets to be awful.  The Vikes?  Wow.  I understand that we lost key players in the off-season on defense and one on offense, but this is inexcusable.  Cousins looks scared, missing high, missing wide, throwing into double coverage and locking on one receiver.  The O line is junk.  The offense as a whole isn't helping a young, inexperienced D with 3-and-outs, our second safety in as many weeks and interceptions.  That said?  The D stinks too.  It's a wreck across the board.  
  • Bills at Dolphins - Right
  • Football Team at Cardinals - Right.  Quite possibly the most fun team to watch.  
  • Chiefs at Chargers - Right...but it took OT to get there.  The whole Tyrod Taylor injury is weird to me.  That said, Herbert looked great with the exception of one bad rookie mistake: not taking a sure first down and instead firing into double coverage for an INT.  He's exciting and the future of the franchise.  Taylor is a placeholder. Herbert is the future.  He should remain the starter going forward.
  • Ravens at Texans - Right
  • Patriots at Seahawks - Right
12-3 with MNF left to go.  3-1 v Hagerman.  That's great, but would have traded it all away for even a decent showing against the Colts.  Bring on my Gators this Saturday because Minnesota is toast. 
Back to Top profile | search

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 September 2020 at 10:53am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Bengals at Browns: Bengals NO Philippe right, me wrong! That's two losing bets on Cincy so far.
Lions at Packers : Pack YES
49ers at Jets : 49ers YES
Giants at Bears : Bears YES
Rams at Eagles : Rams YES
Jaguars at Titans : Titans YES
Panthers at Buccaneers : Bucs YES
Broncos at Steelers : Steelers YES
Falcons at Cowboys : Cowboys YES Me right, Philippe wrong! Still unclear on both of these teams.
Vikings at Colts : Colts. YES Philippe NO. Thought it would be closer but I'll take this head-to-head win over my French Rivieran foe.
Bills at Dolphins : Bills YES Bills barely, but they're 2-0 in Div play, a good place to be.
Football Team at Cardinals : Cardinals YES
Chiefs at Chargers : Chiefs YES
Ravens at Texans : Ravens YES
Patriots at Seattle : NE NO Ack, Phil takes it by one yard on the last play of the game. Pats could have / should have won but Lino Hill and Collier's penetration on that last play was admittedly awesome so maybe not.

13-2 thus far where I got the first and last games wrong, weirdly both by identical 35-30 scores. 2-2 vs. Philippe.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Philippe Pinoli
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 September 2020 at 1:48pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

13-2 too indeed Rick but how much did it cost you
to have the Falcons play this onside kick so
stupidly ?

Great resilience anyway by Dallas after their early
fumblitis.
Huge and close game in Settale too !

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 September 2020 at 2:57pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I'm constantly amazed how complacent and careful teams with healthy leads get; they go away from everything that gave them the lead and often give away games "trying to stay in front of the play." The Falcons are a prime example of this and I'm grateful... the Patriots would have one less title otherwise.

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 September 2020 at 10:37pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

No I CALLED IT! this week.  That's right; at least two people picked the Raiders to beat the Saints.  Which they did, handily.

Back to Top profile | search

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |