Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Fan Fic MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Fan Fic << Prev Page of 41 Next >>
Topic: X-MEN.ELSEWHEN.16--Comments Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 October 2020 at 9:09am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

QUOTE:
A fast-moving Kitty/Scott team should be really effective.

Agreed. Kitty and Colossus would present a different sort of advantage since neither can strike from a distance, but Colossus doesn't need to breathe while being phases through objects.

Does Kitty have the ability to phase just one part of her body or just one part of someone else's body?

Also, was MODOK injured and in pain or just monumentally ticked off after being left stuck in that wall?
Back to Top profile | search | www

Wallace Sellars
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 October 2020 at 9:09am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

*phased*

Richard Stevens
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 October 2020 at 9:12am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Wallace, now you've got me wondering if Scott's optic beam works while phased! 

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 19 October 2020 at 9:12am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

It feels like these stories are presenting themselves to John B. Like he's watching them unfold as we are. They just seem so fluid and natural.

•••

That’s pretty much how it felt to me, too, Paul. Until I had to gouge out that entire subplot. “Let the characters tell you the stories they want to be in,” said Stan. That time, tho, they told me the wrong one!

Ah, well! Slipping back into the groove.

Back to Top profile | search

Wallace Sellars
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 October 2020 at 9:18am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

I'm also wondering just how much control Kitty has (or can gain) with her phasing powers. Could she run through a group of Hellfire goons, touching each of them long enough to phase the soles of their boots, leaving them stuck to the floor?

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 19 October 2020 at 9:21am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Also, was MODOK injured and in pain or just monumentally ticked off after being left stuck in that wall?

•••

Kitty’s power played as I intended, as here, means the individual atoms of her body are moving between the atoms of whatever she phases thru. Altho she refers to what she does as “swimming”, she’s not pushing the matter aside, as if it was water.

I’ll leave it, then, to the science minded among us to decide whether being left inside something would hurt.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 October 2020 at 9:51am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

ITEM: Mr. Byrne, that moment between Kitty and Professor Xavier reminds me of the moment between Reed and Johnny in the tortured nightmare Psycho-Man was causing the Invisible Girl. "Save the trivia - give me the facts!" is not rude, inconsequential, or evil. It's CRITICAL in a combat situation.

ITEM: From your definition of Kitty's powers, I don't believe that her leaving someone phased into an object would differ very much from someone frozen partially into a body of water. Save that cement is considerably more difficult to move through than water, I think that moving would be equivalent to drawing a sword from a scabbard. If the body fits, it could get out. Modok didn't seem to fit very well.

ITEM: Wallace' idea of Kitty taking down the Hellfire goons sounds good, save for one item; Kitty would have to push down as well as phasing them, or they'd likely result in "floating" in air.

But if she phased them and was immediately followed by Nightcrawler bonking each one down an inch or so - that should be a winner.

ITEM: This Kitty is very smart, very impulsive, and (it seems) always a little nervous while she's acting with the X-Men. Just like a 13-year-old should be. Mr. Byrne, do you have a secret pen pal guiding you on her behavior? I can't imagine you as a thirteen year old girl...

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 19 October 2020 at 10:13am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

ITEM: From your definition of Kitty's powers, I don't believe that her leaving someone phased into an object would differ very much from someone frozen partially into a body of water. Save that cement is considerably more difficult to move through than water, I think that moving would be equivalent to drawing a sword from a scabbard. If the body fits, it could get out. Modok didn't seem to fit very well.

•••

That is completely NOT what I described. Read it again.

Steven Queen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 October 2020 at 10:32am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

There is something to those original X-men uniforms! Nice seeing Kitty in hers.

BTW: I still haven't figured which subplot was exorcised.

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 October 2020 at 11:29am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Good to see Kitty back in uniform. Love the inventive ways you have of showing her powers, for example the cutaway view of under the earth in the final panel.

Wallace Sellars
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 October 2020 at 1:19pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

I like the idea of Kitty being able to leave people (not including their heads) stuck in floors, walls and other objects without causing death or pain, but don't know if that works give the way her powers... errr... work.

Steven Queen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 October 2020 at 1:32pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

While bad for exposition, I wonder if Professor X would be tempted to rifle through Kitty's memories and cut her off before she even finished talking.

(...Which might be why Prof X doesn't get invited to many parties.  When he drinks, he starts laughing before the jokes are finished...) :(

Edited by Steven Queen on 19 October 2020 at 1:35pm

<< Prev Page of 41 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |