Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum
Topic: Batmobile "prototypes" for JB Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Purveyor of Rare Items

Posted: 25 October 2020 at 1:42pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

First off, thanks to Tim O'Neill for helping me to get logged back in -- I had lost my password and was having trouble getting it reset, so I reached out to Tim on facebook and he got me reconnected to the forum.

I had been wanting to post this for a while because it seems right up JB's alley in terms of being an ideal Batmobile "candidate" -- this is the 1960 Ford Fairlane Spaceliner, which seems like it might have been influenced by the design of the earlier Ford Futura  (which served as the basis for the Batmobile from the 1966 Batman TV series):

More info here:

Also, in terms of cool cars, there's a show on Netflix called "Car Masters - Rust to Riches" that features a California custom car shop named "Gotham Garage" (which already makes for a neat Batman connection).  In the first episode of Season 1 they take a 1964 Ford Thunderbird and turn it into a chromed "rocket car" that has a definite Batmobile vibe to me, and the resultant custom design seems like something that could have been penned by JB.

And, as a JB "bonus," in the last episode of Season 1 (Episode 8), they produce a replica of the aforementioned 1955 Ford Futura show car that George Barris eventually converted into the iconic Batmobile from the 1966 TV series.

Anyway, if you're into cool cars, I've found this to be a fun series,so check it out if you get a chance.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Tim O Neill
Byrne Robotics Security

Posted: 26 October 2020 at 11:17am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Glad you were able to get back on, John!

And that car is VERY cool!

Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 26 October 2020 at 11:31am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I wonder how people kept from broiling alive in those plexiglass bubbles. Little wonder they never really caught on (or, most likely, were even meant to!).

Thanks for the link, Other JB.

Back to Top profile | search

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply | Post New Topic |