Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 39 Next >>
Topic: President Biden, Being Presidential Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 November 2020 at 1:48am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

All of the states so far have dismissed the lawsuits.  As expected, there was evidence of fraud, impropriety and error, but not enough to overturn any of the results.  

Prediction: Trump will concede and the transition will begin no later than 12/01.  
Back to Top profile | search

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 November 2020 at 4:01am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

As expected, there was evidence of fraud, impropriety and error, but not enough to overturn any of the results.  

——

There were /claims/ of fraud, impropriety and error, but I have yet to see anything verified other than the Trump supporter who attempted to request an absentee ballot for his dead mother.

Not saying that voter fraud doesn’t happen, but we’re talking about dozens of instances amongst MILLIONS of votes, which the GOP uses to justify disenfranchising hundreds of thousands of voters. 

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 November 2020 at 10:43am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

There has absolutely been NO evidence of any fraud or impropriety.  Anyone who says so is an idiot and numbskull.  Period.

Marc Baptiste
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 November 2020 at 12:04pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Very nearly all cases that have been brought alleging anything even APPROACHING fraud or impropriety have been thrown out of court - it seems the only chance of a case with any hope of success making its way to the US Supreme Court would be one with a constitutional issue at bar - for example, did the lower court in Pennsylvania that extended the statutory deadline (3 days) for when mail-in ballots needed to be received by the Secretary of State's office exceed its constitutional authority and trample on the exclusive power of the state legislature to set the "time, manner and place" of presidential elections?

Could anyone with real legal experience let us know if the Trump campaign would have any legal standing to even bring such a case since the "harm" being done would be to the Pennsylvania State Legislature.

Thanks!
Marc

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 November 2020 at 12:27pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

The only thing I know about those votes in PA received 3 days after the deadline, they were segregated and not counted initially.  As far as I know, they're not part of the vote total, but I might be wrong. 

Jason Czeskleba
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 November 2020 at 1:25pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

The Pennsylvania ballots received three days after the election are currently part of the official total, but the were kept segregated in case of future legal challenge.  However, there are not enough of them to change the outcome of the election even if they were all Biden votes and they were all disqualified.  There are about 10,000 of these "late-arriving" ballots, and Biden's margin of victory in the state is 81,474 votes.

Edited by Jason Czeskleba on 23 November 2020 at 1:25pm

Jason Czeskleba
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 November 2020 at 1:30pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

John Wickett wrote:
Prediction: Trump will concede and the transition will begin no later than 12/01. 
My prediction is that Trump will NEVER concede, in the sense of clearly acknowledging that he genuinely lost a fair election.  His eventual "concession" will be taken from the WWE playbook (as usual).  He will say that Biden won by cheating and he was screwed out of his deserved victory, but that he's decided to give up his fight because the legal system is stacked against him, and instead he will concentrate his energy on winning the rematch in 2024.  Then he will spend the next four years saying Biden is not the real heavyweight champion... er, I mean President. 

Brad Wilders
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 November 2020 at 1:31pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Marc,

It is debatable whether Trump can pursue that claim in the Supreme Court, or whether the GOP legislature would have to intervene.  Back in October, before Justice Barrett was confirmed, four justices seemed to think Trump had standing because they would have stayed the Pa. Supreme Court's order extending the receipt deadline.  But it has all become academic because, as Kevin notes, the mail-in votes received during the extended deadline period were segregated, and there are not enough to change to the outcome.

Trump's current legal "strategy" is to prevent certain states from certifying their election results, which would either prevent them from appointing  the electors pledged to Biden/Harris by the Dec. 8 deadline or allegedly "let" GOP controlled legislatures appoint the electors pledged to Trump/Pence.  So far, the strategy has been roundly unsuccessful, but the key dates are coming up, including right now as the Michigan state canvass board (2 Rs and 2 Ds) decides whether to certify is election results.

Marc Baptiste
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 November 2020 at 2:14pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Thank you all very much for your replies.  I guess Trump's only real hope is a "Hail Mary" pass to get the whole thing thrown to the House of Representatives.  If I sound worried, it's because I just don't trust the man -- understatement of a lifetime!!

Marc

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 November 2020 at 2:40pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

At this point, it's not really Trump.  It's the goddamn GOP, who should have put the kaibosh on this bullshit at least a week ago, if not earlier. That very few have come out in opposition to the foot-dragging and conspiracy mongering is bad enough - but the fact that some state-level officials are aiding it IS extremely scary, regardless of which way it's called (though it would be way way waaaaaaaay scarier if it does somehow not get certified by the states).  Fuck these power-happy, racist, authoritarian cow-towing assholes.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Wilson Mui
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 November 2020 at 3:12pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Biden is starting to annouce the heads of various
departments in his Administration. Many of them former
deputies in the Obama WH. I had almost forgotten what it
was like to have experienced and qualified people running
the government. I also appreciate that Biden is putting
women and minorities in positions that historically went
to men like Defense and Treasury. (IMO, picking Janet
Yellen as Treasury Secretary is a great choice.)

Edited by Wilson Mui on 23 November 2020 at 3:33pm

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 November 2020 at 3:29pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Yeah, I like Yellen. Did a really good job when she was head honcho at the Fed.

<< Prev Page of 39 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |