Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 November 2020 at 10:36am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

It's time to celebrate!

Edited by Kevin Brown on 23 January 2021 at 6:47pm
Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 07 November 2020 at 10:41am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

The long national nightmare is...... far from over!

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 November 2020 at 10:43am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

As I said on FB: It's all over bar the shouting.  But there's gonna be a fuckton of shouting.

But seriously: while the next couple of months are going to be uniquely chaotic (I hear God telling Sam Beckett that the leaps are only going to get harder from here), I feel more relaxed and centered this morning than I have in... five years?  Probably.
Back to Top profile | search | www

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 07 November 2020 at 10:50am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Next, Trump in 2024!

Jason K Fulton
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 November 2020 at 10:51am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

125k coronavirus cases yesterday, that'll probably double in the next few weeks, and then go up even more for the holidays. Second Dem President in 12 years to inheret a complete shitshow by the Republicans. Hopefully Biden learned some lessons from the Obama years, and hopefully the Democrats are successful in the Georgia Senate run-offs.

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 November 2020 at 12:18pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Congratulations in hiring someone competent for the top job! Let's forget about 'liking' and 'not liking', that belongs back in elementary school. If you are working class this is about who is going to do the job. Respect those who work, who actually perform, everything besides that is a luxury given the threats to be faced from within and without.

Already Biden is doing what he can to heal, unite and all that part of the job to help you all fight covid. Anyone who doesn't want to protect and strengthen North Americans against this threat is not worth thinking much about. Surgeons have worn masks in surgeries for real proven reality reasons, can we all please try and get on the same page and no more tantrums and acting out because a lot of people simply cannot afford that right now.

Kamala Harris has done nothing t be mocked, she has proven herself to be one of the best and brightest many times. This is also true of many top public health officials and experts including Dr. Fauci. They are you in that they are working for you, they are not in any way a "them".

Let the idle rich play golf between issuing their endless seeming lawsuits, everyone else needs and wants to get back to work.

Shaun Barry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 November 2020 at 12:22pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I told my wife:

You never saw dancing in the streets like this when Reagan, Bush, George W. or Trump won... I've only seen it during Clinton, Obama and now Biden victories.

Paul Gibney
Byrne Robotics Member.

Posted: 07 November 2020 at 12:49pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

John Byrne wrote:
Next, Trump in 2024!

Question: Can Trump run for President from a prison cell?

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 November 2020 at 12:53pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

I like to think the silver lining to the huuuuge damage Trump is doing to our American democratic system with his baseless lunatic ravings about rampant fraud in the election is that it might give Republicans pause when it comes to allowing him to seriously re-enter the fray in 2024. Yeah, I like to think a lot of things but unfortunately it doesn't make them so.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 November 2020 at 12:55pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Justice won't be done till Trump is held accountable for his crimes. By 2024 he should be insignificant, bankrupt... and serving time.

-C!

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 November 2020 at 1:12pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Sure, things won;t be perfect with Biden, but Trump was the absolute worst! And if he rears his ugly puss around 2024, he'll get a sound spanking again.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 November 2020 at 1:46pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

There will be legal proceedings involving Trump. All the support of his worshippers won't change one sheriff's mind or one judge's ruling. 

Nothing will change until Jan 21, 2021. (That's 1-21-21 for you palindrome lovers.) And Trump is far from done with his dirty tricks. I suspect/dread that President Murder is thinking, "They  hated me before? Wait until they see what I leave behind me!"

I don't think that he'll quit. I don't believe his ego will allow it. I think he'll stick with his fantasyland and pardon himself, sure that he can forgive himself.

But in the end... Joe Biden made that transition from Vice-President to POTUS, albeit with a little break (the Grover Cleveland of VPs.) He will effect his "clean up" soon as he can, I believe. We're coming out of the night of our long national nightmare. These four years have been the worst decade of my life.

And in addition... congratulations to Kamala Harris. A black and Asian and woman in the White House... this is a triumph for all women. If only she'd been Jewish... :)

Page of 39 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |