Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Fan Fic MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Fan Fic Page of 33 Next >>
Topic: X-MEN.ELSEWHEN.17--Comments Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

JBF Microes Master

Posted: 07 December 2020 at 11:05am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Still bummed that Amanda is dead, but glad to see the amazing new page.  

Looking forward to seeing where this goes as always.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Steve Adelson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 December 2020 at 11:11am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

It seems much longer than it's been!  So happy to see new pages.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 December 2020 at 11:11am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Amanda is a witch. Because Spider-Man says so doesn't mean it's so... although I'll take it at face value at first. But it could be a fake...

Oh, that page is a beauty. Mr. Byrne, did you ever do a series of Spider-Man besides art robot on Marvel Team-Up? You make him all topsy turvy... perfectly normal for Spidey.
Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 07 December 2020 at 11:13am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Amanda is a witch. Because Spider-Man says so doesn't mean it's so... although I'll take it at face value at first. But it could be a fake...

••

Please show me evidence from my time on the book of Amanda being a witch.

I allowed the barest hint just before the Sentinel attacked, but that's all it was, a hint. She's dead.

I know when one is dead, and when one lives; She’s dead as earth.

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 December 2020 at 11:36am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

The two wall-crawlers! Sad that they meet again under the circumstances. Nice splash page!!

Back to Top profile | search | www

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 December 2020 at 11:37am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Rest In Peace, Amanda.  

Poor Kurt.  

Jim Petersman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 December 2020 at 11:37am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I will admit that this was one time I really thought JB had misled us. I really thought it was going to be Amanda that was delivering that line to Nightcrawler :(

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 December 2020 at 11:43am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

BTW, rereading the old X-Men comics this past year, which includes the X-Men appearances in other titles, it strikes me that of all the X-Men, Nightcrawler has the closest relationship with Spider-Man. Nightcrawler was the first "new" X-Man that Spider-Man met, when they fought Jigsaw, and later they had another adventure in "Marvel Team-Up"* without the other X-Men being involved. So, it's especially cool to see them together again.

*That issue of "Marvel Team-Up" came out during a period when you were regularly drawing the series, JB. I have often thought how cool it would have been to have had your art for that story (not to slight the other artists). I also would have loved to have seen you draw the issue with the "Not Ready For Prime-Time Players", which also was during that same period.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 December 2020 at 11:44am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Mr. Byrne, I apologize. You're right, of course. I was thinking of a couple of Claremont stories, in which, as has been noted, NO ONE can be normal.

However, that kind of switch and switch is certainly within your tool box... :) :) :)

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 December 2020 at 11:49am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Oh, and one more thing... When Amanda first met Kurt, he was still using the image inducer and did not appear as his real self (he looked like Errol Flynn). The next time we see her with Kurt, he appears as normal and she is obviously fine with him. Still, I have wondered what it must have been like when he revealed his true appearance to her that first time? It had to have been a shock!

I am still making my way through the old stories, and I recall there was the annual that came out right around the time JB departed the series. I haven't gotten to that story again, just yet, so I am fuzzy on details. I think that it was revealed in that tale that Amanda already knew about the "real" Kurt. If so, I guess that's why she didn't have any issues when learning he was really a demonic-looking mutant?

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 07 December 2020 at 11:51am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

I also would have loved to have seen you draw the issue with the "Not Ready For Prime-Time Players", which also was during that same period.

••

Chris cooked up that concept, and, with my infamous lack of talent when it comes to doing likenesses, I said I would draw it only if Marie Severin inked it.

"No," said Chris. "Never! Can't possibly happen!!"

So I didn't draw it.

And Marie inked it.

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 December 2020 at 11:52am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Eric: "...I was thinking of a couple of Claremont stories, in which, as has been noted, NO ONE can be normal..."

Oh, how that annoyed me, even as a kid! By the time Doug Ramsey was introduced as Kitty's friend, I had noted that the team didn't really seem to have anyone normal in their lives. Not that everyone was necessarily a super-powered mutant or human, but they had to be extraordinary in some way, it seemed. So, I was waiting to see how long it took for Kitty's school chum to turn out "special", and naturally he did turn out to be a mutant, too. Sigh.

Page of 33 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |