Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Fan Fic MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Fan Fic << Prev Page of 50 Next >>
Topic: X-MEN.ELSEWHEN.18--Comments Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 January 2021 at 8:18am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Is the requirement for membership in the Imperial Guard insufferable arrogance?

Common Kitty! Show her you're no slouch.
Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 14 January 2021 at 8:31am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Is the requirement for membership in the Imperial Guard insufferable arrogance?

••

Kind of in the name, isn't it?

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 January 2021 at 8:34am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Thank goodness it is only Thursday. The last panel of page 9 is a HUGE "page turner" of a panel.

Robbie Moubert
Byrne Robotics Member

Evertonian

Posted: 14 January 2021 at 8:42am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I enjoy the daily posts (something to look forward to during the various lockdowns) but I wish that everyone would realise that these are still "regular" 20-page comics and should be viewed as such. Unfortunately some people feel the need to over-analyse each page, employing a scrutiny I'm sure they wouldn't use if reading normally. It's particularly annoying when people question things without waiting to see if the explanation is forthcoming in a page or two.
Back to Top profile | search | www

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 14 January 2021 at 8:53am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

I'm reminded of the third GENERATIONS series, where it was announced that all the covers, together, would form a face of Darkseid.

First issue came out, and letters poured in. "I can't see it!!"

Wallace Sellars
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 January 2021 at 8:58am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Imagine how scary all of this has to be for the non-powered parents of Ashley, Jean and Pablo!

Richard Stevens
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 January 2021 at 9:07am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Loving the Pablo/Wolverine friendship more every time it comes up. That kid is going to have one heck of a cool uncle. I wonder if Wolverine's bones are why Pablo's powers can move him? Who knows. That kid is interesting.

The structure of that cyborg eye in the last panel is beautiful. It really feels like shapes within shapes. Extremely real and mechanical.

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 14 January 2021 at 9:14am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

I wonder if Wolverine's bones are why Pablo's powers can move him?

••

Kitty stated as much in issue 13, Richard.

Michael Hogan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 January 2021 at 9:14am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Robbie Moubert wrote: I enjoy the daily posts (something to look forward to during the various lockdowns) but I wish that everyone would realise that these are still "regular" 20-page comics and should be viewed as such. Unfortunately some people feel the need to over-analyse each page, employing a scrutiny I'm sure they wouldn't use if reading normally. It's particularly annoying when people question things without waiting to see if the explanation is forthcoming in a page or two.

I could not agree MORE, Robbie. I made the mistake of going on a FaceBook fan site, where some "fans" were denigrating ELSEWHEN (some claiming to be loyal fans, owners of JB art, etc.). My comments to them were [1] wait for the explanation or [2] stop reading.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 14 January 2021 at 9:20am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I could not agree MORE, Robbie. I made the mistake of going on a FaceBook fan site, where some "fans" were denigrating ELSEWHEN (some claiming to be loyal fans, owners of JB art, etc.).

••

There has long been a layer of fans--of just about anything--that does not seem to be happy unless complaining. In pre-internet days, the solution to such was easy: don't print their letters. Now, those "letters" are "printed" automatically, without editorial buffering of any kind.

One of the sad things about this is that many of those fans still behave as if there was something special about being able to post on the internet, as there used to be about having a letter selected for publication.*

----------------------

* Even back in the Before Time, getting a letter printed was not as big a deal as some fans liked to think. Many times what decided an editor about such publication was if the letter served some marketing agenda. "I really loved FoneBone Man! Will we ever see him again? - Jimmy" "Glad you asked, Jim! FoneBone Man will be appearing in our very next issue! Don't miss it!"

John Northey
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 January 2021 at 9:21am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Love how Astra feels like a Cockrum creation just looking at how you draw her.  Pig tails are a thing he loved it seems to me, and few other artists use.  Love the merging together in battle thing - Astra at this point has TONS more experience than Sprite so logically she'd have different ways to fight and should win easily.  Should being the key word.  

As to daily or all at once I'm enjoying daily even if I end up re-reading a lot of pages thanks to how it is presented.  Not complaining, just the way it works and helps lock in some stuff, although as mentioned it really makes sub plots seem forgotten (real curious about the others in the exploding room from before, seems forever but was just the last issue - in a normal comic that would be unnoticed but in this it feels forever but I wouldn't want to miss any of what we are getting right now).

Richard Stevens
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 January 2021 at 9:40am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Kitty stated as much in issue 13, Richard.

Ah, right on. My brain is cooked lately.

<< Prev Page of 50 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |