Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Fan Fic MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Fan Fic << Prev Page of 69 Next >>
Topic: X-MEN.ELSEWHEN.19--Comments Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 February 2021 at 8:01am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

The sheer joy, after 40 years, to see what amounts to almost a "pin-up" of one of the What-if X-men, is almost indescribable!  The art in this series gets better and better with each page!  And it started as the best!  Amazing.

By the way, what color would this Angel costume be?  The dark blue or the deep red?
Back to Top profile | search

Ted Downum
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 February 2021 at 8:24am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Holy cow, what a page!

Kurt is having a helluva bad day.

Wilson Mui
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 February 2021 at 8:24am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

What the heck? Kurt just got chopped up??

Mark McKay
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 February 2021 at 8:37am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I am really hoping that sword is doing something rather than physically chopping him up!
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 February 2021 at 8:37am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

It's nice to see an effective use to Angel finally. No insult intended - well, maybe a tiny bit - but I can't remember seeing Angel as a functional solo character, save that he can fly. Yes, he was the only X-Man who could fly, notwithstanding Marvel Girl's telekinetic leaps. But I couldn't quite understand how he could work in combat except as a distraction or teaming with someone - both very useful. It ever so slightly reminds me of early Superman stories where he's fighting criminals robbing banks or crooked contractors, or such. 

Don't get me wrong; flying is cool, and with an obvious reason is even cooler. Just because the Human Torch flames doesn't imply he can fly, or every trash fire would create quite a mess. And Thor - he throws his hammer and hangs on. It makes sense, but it seems a little silly.

Now, with his flaming sword, he is a deadly combatant. I cannot wait to see where this is going!

But I cannot see Magneto-A trying to kill any of the X-Men. Not when he can make use of them. Waste not, want not.

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 February 2021 at 8:37am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Good reveal. When I saw who it was, it made perfect sense, but I have to admit, Magneto's X-men had slipped my mind!

You can tell Magneto has them all competing with each other to get ahead.

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 February 2021 at 8:42am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I didn't even realise you could see the tips of the wings on the previous page...

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 03 February 2021 at 8:51am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Don't get me wrong; flying is cool, and with an obvious reason is even cooler. Just because the Human Torch flames doesn't imply he can fly, or every trash fire would create quite a mess.

•••

A few years ago a house two doors over from mine burned to the ground. The next day I found chunks of burnt wood on my roof.

That is, in fact, how most fires spread.

+++++

And Thor - he throws his hammer and hangs on. It makes sense, but it seems a little silly.

•••

It makes sense...??????

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 03 February 2021 at 8:54am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

There was a Flash issue where Wally "felt" heat on his neck and immediately jumped into a crazy speed mode to avoid a bullet. If this were always the case, only a faster speedster could touch him.

•••

The heat was radiating faster than the bullet?

Vinny Valenti
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 February 2021 at 9:15am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Of course Angel would still be wearing the Neal Adams uniform (of sorts), since Magneto made it for him in the first place!

Jeffrey Rice
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 February 2021 at 9:23am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

There was a Flash issue where Wally "felt" heat on his neck and immediately jumped into a crazy speed mode to avoid a bullet. If this were always the case, only a faster speedster could touch him.

•••

The heat was radiating faster than the bullet?

I guess Wally reacted between the bullet touching him and breaking his skin. It was too much and no improbable "Flash Fact" could support it. How could he ever be hurt if almost touching can trigger an extreme speed reaction? 

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 03 February 2021 at 9:54am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

It reminds me of something I read years ago about cockroaches. Those of you who have paid attention will have noticed those little buggers have antenna on their rears. Those antenna are connected directly to the roaches legs, so anything that could be interpreted as a threat—sudden movement of air, for instance—sets the roach running without deliberate intent.

Mind you, I can think of dozens of scenarios in which the Flash would NOT want that to happen!

<< Prev Page of 69 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |