Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 4
Topic: Trump’s Coup Is Still In Progress Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 September 2021 at 3:19pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Peter Martin wrote:
It's all for the gallery. The timing of it, and the sharing of it to Twitter, is designed to stir the pot and agitate his true believers.

I thought for a long time that it was all an act and he was just snowing his fanbase.  Now, I'm less sure - it's pretty clear that his ego cannot handle the idea that he straight up lost, so I think there's a 50/50 chance that he's managed to convince himself that he did, in fact, win.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Marc Baptiste
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 October 2021 at 10:38am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Trump is apparently suing TWITTER to restart his account.  Part of his legal argument is apparently that keeping him off their platform is stifling to free and open "democratic" debate.  LOL

I frequent quite a few VERY pro-Trumpian news and opinion sites and one of the BIG refrains from their contributors is how the United States is NOT NOT NOT a democracy G-DAMMIT!!  I wonder what they will make of their dear leader's petition to the courts.

Marc

Edited by Marc Baptiste on 03 October 2021 at 11:35am
Back to Top profile | search

Mike Devlin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 October 2021 at 10:53am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Hey Marc,
I don`t envy your reading of all those pro-Trump websites! Yikes.
But what do the Trump fans think America is, if it isn`t a 
democracy?

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 October 2021 at 11:19am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

My right wing surveillance account on Twitter was deleted after I called somebody a cracker, and it was honestly a good thing for me. At this point I'm conscious enough of the threat without checking in on a day to day basis and my social media is about 80% less toxic.

Without answering the question directed to Marc, I'll note right wingers have convinced themselves that since "the US is NOT a democracy", it logically follows that the very unpopularity of their program justifies imposing their policies and candidates on the majority by any means necessary, although they'd shit a white supremacist brick if they realized who popularized that particular expression.

Edited by David Miller on 03 October 2021 at 11:20am
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Marc Baptiste
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 October 2021 at 11:53am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Mike D.,

The Trumpers follow their "America is NOT a democracy" chants with "America is a REPUBLIC"!!  Of course, I don't think they understand either of those things.

Actually, while true, the United States IS a republic - it nonetheless facilitates its republican form of government THROUGH democratic means for the most part.  

For example, we the people don't directly elect our President, however we do, by virtue of DIRECTLY ELECTED state legislators, DIRECTLY ELECT slates of electors (the Electoral College) who in turn elect the President - all by simple majority votes.  Some might call this "indirect" democracy, but it is democracy nonetheless.  We also directly elect by majority vote our federal Representatives and now also our Senators.  Only our third branch of government - the Judiciary is insulated from direct electoral politics - thank goodness!!

At the state level, which the US Constitution also mandates we have small-r republican forms of government; the executive, legislative and even the judiciaries in many instances all utilize direct democracy to facilitate their operation.

However, explaining all this to the simple-minded, excuse me, I mean your average MAGA fanatic is no easy task!  It's like explaining the very well established and respected English common law tradition of "judge-made law" to your supposed Constitutional conservatives of today.  Everything has been reduced to "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" type slogans.

Marc

Edited by Marc Baptiste on 03 October 2021 at 12:26pm

Mike Devlin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 October 2021 at 12:09pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Thanks for the info, Marc!

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 October 2021 at 12:40pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I caught a glimpse of a paid U.S. so-called religious show on a local Canadian tv station... it showed a 'free' magazine (if you make an 'offering') for some magazine titled Trumpet. It showed the faces of Biden and behind him Obama with big letters that read 'Chaos By Design'.

Geeziz @#$%&*! I am now totally depressed for the day. Why is this crap allowed? We are not keeping it out of Canada and it is effecting us... and to think that b.s. con artist is still on the loose and could come back into the top job? Expecting his enablers to show any shame about his contradictory pronouncements just seems so 2017. :^(

All I can do is keep trying to find someone in an oversight or regulatory office that will do their job while we still have someone actually in them. Weimar Berlin was full of all kinds of slanted newspapers and magazines and eventually only one was left... if you believe the hysterics about censorship, of Trump on twitter, or anywhere else as 'proving' sweet eff all you are going to end up with an extreme of just one state sanctioned voice eventually.

He and 'his' Governors (ran out of 'his' Generals didn't he?) may be able to find some hapless visible minority or stupid women to pose with or behind them, or someone desperate that will take payment for it, but these are provably extreme hater/blamers of most minorities and women that you would have to be legally insane to follow them on anything. Everyone will go under that bus eventually where nobody puts the brakes on. De-wormer for horses is not open for any interpretation and that's far from the only insane thing their names are on, someone needs to step in and pull the idiot out of the theater yelling about phony fires.

I remember that whole 'Ground Zero Mosque' bonkers exercise with hysterical folks waving 'No Sharia Law In NY' signs. If you stood up to say... hey, calm down, wait a minute, these people are being provoked and lied to... or if you said Rush Limpdick is inciting hate with his free speech... you were sometimes the one censored not them. As it is I don't know any other forum I'm on where I could post this, it would be me causing a 'problem'. Crazy times! You've got to fight it somewhere. Right now I feel my hands are full in Canada with people hyped up on this kind of deliberately manipulative outrage provoking garbage. I've listened to some mostly to find they are parroting crap word for word from some website and cyber 'leader' and I ask them 'but what do you think, do you think for yourself?' more in response. If you totally put up the walls and there is no communication all hope is lost, but these 'leaders' have no right to the public trust of the airwaves or bandwidth when they misuse it to lie, undermine and blame groups, none at all.

Get the guy who named the day and place of the January 6th riot first and the stooges and goons can come later, but he is still free and still doing his act that sucked for a crappy reality show with a song that had the word money in it more than anything. So show us this money you phony... that he's never done and like his supposed love of loyalty it would only ever go one way anyhow, suckers.

"There's a sucker born every minute." Old wisdom that's sadly still true. :^(

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 03 October 2021 at 12:44pm
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 4
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |