Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum Page of 4 Next >>
Topic: Trump’s Coup Is Still In Progress Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 September 2021 at 2:58pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Donald Trump wrote to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger asking him to 'decertify' the 2020 election

Donald Trump wrote:
Dear Secretary Raffensperger,

Large scale Voter Fraud continues to be reported in Georgia...43,000 Absentee Ballot Votes Counted in DeKalb County that violated the Chain of Custody rules, making them invalid. I would respectfully request that your department check this and, if true, along with many other claims of voter fraud and voter irregularities, start the process of decertifying the Election, or whatever the correct legal remedy is, and announce the true winner. As stated to you previously, the number of false and/or irregular votes is far greater than needed to change the Georgia election results. People do not understand why you and Governor Brian Kemp adamantly refuse to acknowledge the now proven facts, and fight so hard that the election truth not be told. You and Governor Kemp are doing a tremendous disservice to the Great State of Georgia and to our nation - which is systematically being destroyed by an illegitimate president and his administration. The truth must be allowed to come out.

Thank you for you attention to this matter.

The letter was dated yesterday.

This may be ridiculous, but it's dangerous all the same. Donald Trump and his Republican Party remain committed to overthrowing the constitutional government of the United States.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 September 2021 at 3:10pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Bottom line is Trump’s a spoiled brat who didn’t get his way on this.
Daddy isn’t around anymore to bail him out and make sure he gets
what he wants and for maybe the first real time in his life, he has to live
with the fact there’s something he just can’t have. But he’s not doing
that, of course. Per usual, he’ll cheat and lie and do whatever he has
to do to ensure he gets what he wants. And if he destroys democracy in
the US, who cares? He’s about as pathetic a human being as there has
ever been.
Back to Top profile | search

Conrad Teves
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 September 2021 at 3:11pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

If Donald Trump has demonstrated anything, it's that one spoiled, narcissistic, butt-hurt moron in the exact wrong place has the potential to bring the whole thing down in flames.  Laws only work when people agree to follow them.

Also, I'd never thought I'd say this but Yay, Dan Quayle. 
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Joe Zhang
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 September 2021 at 4:32pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

If the Democrats lose the House next year, the Republicans could elect Trump as the Speaker (the position doesn't require incumbency in Congress). And then they can use whatever excuse to impeach Biden and Harris to deliver the White House back to Trump. Such is the political environment these days. 

So yeah, Biden better not make anymore Afghanistan level mistakes. 

Edited by Joe Zhang on 18 September 2021 at 4:35pm
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Mike Devlin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 September 2021 at 1:45am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Brian - your assessment of Trump and the election loss seems
spot on to me! What a jerk.
The only thing that leaves me scratching my head is why the hell -
after seeing Trump "in action" - 
70 million of your fellow citizens voted, again, for this clown?

Oliver Denker
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 September 2021 at 3:19am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

According to Oswald Spengler (The Decline of the West), we in the West have entered the age of the Caesars. 

„The era of individualism, liberalism and democracy, of humanitarianism and freedom, is nearing its end. The masses will accept with resignation the victory of the Caesars, the strong men, and will obey them…..“

Mike Devlin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 September 2021 at 3:20am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

The other question I`ve had for a while - 
Are Americans' willingness to make godawful voting choices a uniquely 21st Century phenomenon?
Or would they, more worryingly, have *"always"  voted for Trump - had he been an (unfortunate) option?!

*as in 80s, 90s etc
And not all Americans clearly & thankfully! 

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 19 September 2021 at 6:43am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Are Americans' willingness to make godawful voting choices a uniquely 21st Century phenomenon?Or would they, more worryingly, have *"always" voted for Trump - had he been an (unfortunate) option?!

••

People vote selfishly. Their own needs come before those of the "Nation". Trump, or an equivalent, would always find voters.

Remember, in 2020, after four disastrous years in office, he still got almost half the country to vote for him.

Greg McPhee
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 September 2021 at 6:47am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

So yeah, Biden better not make anymore Afghanistan level mistakes. 

======================================================

This may sound harsh to the Afghani people...but the media and people have short term memories at times.

A lot of voters will just see Afghanistan as a country thousands of miles away, and, as long as Americans aren't being killed, will tend to put it down their list of priorities in a year's time.

I look in the UK where there was a hatred / backlash against Tony Blair for Afghanistan and Iraq and he still won a third general election despite that.

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 19 September 2021 at 8:17am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I look in the UK where there was a hatred / backlash against Tony Blair for Afghanistan and Iraq and he still won a third general election despite that.

••

For clarity for American readers, (and correct me if I am wrong), unless there have been some changes in the Parliamentary System, Blair didn't win reelection, his Party did.

In a Parliamentary System voters often must choose for their Party over whoever happens to be the head of it.

Marc Baptiste
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 September 2021 at 8:19am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

<<People vote selfishly>>

DING! DING! DING! JB got it in one!!

I, too, have always believed this.  For example, when people are asked, often through the initiative process, to vote on legalizing/criminalizing things like abortion, gay marriage/marriage equality, right to die legislation, etc. etc.  they often vote with the "do I agree with this" mindset - instead of "I might not AGREE with this, but I respect the right of others to make up their own minds about it in THEIR lives".  

Most Americans seem to have completely forgotten the old saying (which teaches a much bigger and broader lesson) we all learned in middle school/JR High:  might not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Marc

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 19 September 2021 at 8:21am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Anyway, Trump's "coup" seems to be running on fumes, based on the pitiful turnout for the "protest" in Washington yesterday. How embarrassing for those losers to find themselves in such a small crowd.

Page of 4 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |