Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Fan Fic MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Fan Fic << Prev Page of 41 Next >>
Topic: X-MEN.ELSEWHEN.30--Comments Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2022 at 8:12am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Hasn't Kitty heard that old expression about cats and curiosity...?
But I'm loving the return of "factory settings Logan"-- he always stirred up trouble, even with a glance or an off-hand remark! 
Back to Top profile | search

Andrew Bitner
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2022 at 8:16am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Was going to put in a joke image here but... that's okay. Maybe tomorrow!

Edited by Andrew Bitner on 17 January 2022 at 8:17am

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 17 January 2022 at 8:24am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

A definitive moment in my “introduction” to Wolverine was in UNCANNY 96. As Xavier presents a newly arrived Moira, Logan sits to one side casually carving a solo game of Tic Tac Toe into what is surely an antique tabletop.

Andrew Bitner
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2022 at 8:38am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I hadn't seen that but it sounds like an absolutely perfect one-image depiction of who Wolverine is.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2022 at 8:46am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

ITEM: Logan doesn't know Jean and doesn't know Phoenix. Phoenix knows Logan, but only kind of. Jean doesn't know Logan.

The fuel for that raging dramatic fire is piled high. Can't wait for a spark...!

ITEM: I long thought that Scott was prime for a solo series with his tremendous skill set. I would have paid good money to collect "Scott Summers... agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.*" It could have been classic with the wrong writers OFF of it!

*Stands for Supreme Headquarters International Espionage Law-Enforcement Division.

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 17 January 2022 at 9:01am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Before Phoenix came into the picture Jean had very little association with Wolverine, and what there was certainly wasn’t super positive. (Remember him tearing off the bottom of her dress?)

She knew him from a few hours on Krakoa, plus the flight back*, and a day or so, maybe, before the original team packed up and left the mansion. Didn’t see him again before that portentous Xmas Eve. After that, as we would discover, it wasn’t really Jean.

In ELSEWHEN, of course, events unfold along much the same timeline, except that a mentally diminished Jean survives the battle on the Moon. Except it isn’t Jean.

Now, Wolverine and Jean are essentially meeting for the first time—only, not.

* When I had Ororo appear in XHY there was much grumbling from some corners of X-fandom. Why had they not recognized each other in GSXM? Most of these complaints seemed to originate with that mentality that expects characters to speak in footnotes. And all overlooked that long flight home, when there was plenty of time for recognition.

Athanasios Kollias
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2022 at 9:16am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Two minor notes, not really changing anything in JB's thoughts above:
1) Jean and Wolverine logically met after the events of X-Men 97, even if not shown in the issue itself.
2) The return from Krakoa, if the time mentioned to reach Krakoa is any indication, is around 2 hours. Still, plenty of time for Ororo and Jean to reminiscent over their first encounter.

Charles Nelson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2022 at 9:29am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Jean's trembling chin - perfection. 

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 17 January 2022 at 9:32am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Jean and Wolverine logically met after the events of X-Men 97, even if not shown in the issue itself.

•••

Jean and Wolverine fought side by side against Krakoa. Certainly there was no time for formal introductions then, but are you suggesting they ignored each other on the flight home?

How rude!

Vinny Valenti
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2022 at 11:20am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

JB was being overly generous when he kept Storm from interacting with Cyclops (by keeping him unconscious) during her X:HY appearance. Cyclops had already encountered Banshee and Sunfire, yet made no reference to recognizing either in GSXM#1 - which was logical, with No-Nonsense Summers having no time for chit chat or introductions in his briefing of the new team about Krakoa.

Wallace Sellars
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2022 at 12:52pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

QUOTE:
Cyclops had already encountered Banshee

Ah… Banshee…
Back to Top profile | search | www

Bob Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2022 at 1:59pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Another great page today! 

Panel 2 is a stand-out for me, but it's also really cool to see the "perspective grid" (apologies if there is a correct name that I don't know) underlying the finished pencils in other panels - so much craft that normally goes unseen!

Absolutely fascinated with where the Jean/Phoenix plot is heading - I have no idea what is going to happen next - and I love it!

<< Prev Page of 41 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |