Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum Page of 2 Next >>
Topic: New Comics & Back Issues - 12/04/2019 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 December 2019 at 11:18am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Here's what's waiting for me at the LCS when I get there later this week:

• HARLEY QUINN #68 - For my son.  I only follow Harley now when there are crossover specials or some of the Black Label titles       
  • ARCHIE #709 - A quick read, though I'm starting to get bored with this title.
  • AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #35 - I still enjoy this title, though I'm one issue behind.
  • BLACK CAT #7 - Also behind on this title, though I did read the annual.

Back to Top profile | search

Shawn Kane
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 December 2019 at 12:55pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Ragnarok Breaking of Helheim #3- Continuing this story and loving it!

Annihilation Scourge Fantastic Four #1- This is a maybe. Not a fan of the current version of the Fantastic Four.

Annihilation Scourge Nova #1- Hopefully a good Nova story.

Thor Worthy #1- I'm really looking forward to this!

X-Men #3- Still intrigued by this story.

Gundars Berzins
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 December 2019 at 4:46pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

INFERIOR 5 #4
JAMES BOND #1
RAGNAROK BREAKING OF HELHEIM #3
TERRIFICS #22
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Dave Phelps
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 December 2019 at 4:52pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Making my way through Lone Wolf and Cub, so falling behind on my reading again...

RUBY FALLS #3
DEATHSTROKE #50
GREEN LANTERN BLACKSTARS #2
RAGNAROK BREAKING OF HELHEIM #3
USAGI YOJIMBO #7
DEAD EYES #3
DIE #10
DAREDEVIL #14
THOR THE WORTHY - seeing this and Ragnarok the same week makes me feel extra weird about being thrilled about "new Walt Simonson Thor", but here we are :-)
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #35

X-MEN #3 is a possibility. Enthusiasm waned after #2. When all is said and done, I think if Scott and Jean are a couple again, I'm in, if they aren't, I'll probably keep waffling, and if Jean is with Logan, I'm out. Sad, but true. Based on the preview maybe this will establish where they're at so I know where I stand? No other reason to go the LCS this week, so I think I'm in "wait and see" mode.

Marc Baptiste
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 December 2019 at 7:01pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Forgive my ignorance, but prior to the new #1 issues of the X-titles, what were the names of the two limited series' that preceded them?

Thanks,
Marc

Shawn Kane
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 December 2019 at 5:22am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Marc, they were House of X and Powers of X.

Marc Baptiste
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 December 2019 at 5:29am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Shawn,

Thank you so much!

Marc

Shawn Kane
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 December 2019 at 9:04am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

You're welcome!

Edited by Shawn Kane on 05 December 2019 at 9:04am

Shane Matlock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 December 2019 at 7:05pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

DIE #10 - Thinking about switching to trades on this after issue 12. 

FIGHT CLUB #11 - Only one issue to go and I'm going to read this whole thing in one sitting. 

BATMAN #84 - King's run is about to finish and I will be glad to leave this book behind and just get Detective as I've never cared for Tynion (or Snyder either for that matter). King's run has been very hit and miss for me as I've dropped it and picked it back up numerous times. 

GREEN LANTERN BLACKSTARS #2 (OF 3) - Liked the first issue quite a bit. 

INFERIOR FIVE #4 (OF 12) - So good to see Giffen's art again and he seems to work well with Jeff Lemire. This isn't getting the love that Mister Miracle did, but I wish more folks were checking it out. 

SUPERMAN #17 - I haven't been reading any of the Bendis' Superman books with the exception of the Steve Epting drawn issues of ACTION  COMICS, which I bought for the art. I bought this issue just for the art of Kevin Maguire, another of my favorite artists and like Epting, I will buy just about anything he draws. Think this actually came out a few weeks ago but I've had it in my hold box since then. 

TERRIFICS #22 - Still enjoying this. In fact it's still on my pull list and Slott's FANTASTIC FOUR isn't. 

SHAZAM #8 - Been on the fence with this book for the past several issues. It came out last week I think but I'm just not grabbing it. I noticed this issue had fill in art by Scott Kollins rather than Dale Eaglesham which was the main selling point for me. 

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #35 - I've really loved Nick Spencer's take on Spider-man but the crossovers are killing me. After the big Kraven story with tie-ins that Spencer wrote that needed to be bought, they then do MAXIMUM CARNAGE in this title and the mini and all its tie-ins and since I didn't read anything except this book, the issues seemed rather pointless. Now, right after that, they're doing a Spider-Man 2099 crossover. So now even though I like the writer a lot and most of the art, I'm about ready to drop this book because I'm sick of crossover after crossover tied in with other comics. I've dropped so many Marvel and DC books over this. I didn't have this issue with Spencer's Superior Foes of Spider-Man. The story was all right there in that one comic.

X-MEN #3 - This is the only book of DAWN OF X that I feel has held up the same quality as the two minis that preceded it. 

MARAUDERS #3 - Liked the first issue of this, but then Kitty got knuckle tattoos in the second issue. I generally like most Gerry Duggan comics I've read, but, WHY?

Bought a couple more EPIC COLLECTIONS this week. CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE BLOODSTONE HUNT as it's OOP and prices are starting to go up. I now have all of the Mark Gruenwald CAPTAIN AMERICA EPIC COLLECTIONS that have been released so far. There's another collection of his coming out early next year that covers some of the latter stuff and they still need to collect the issues that are in THE CAPTAIN tpb as an EPIC COLLECTION and I believe that will cover Gruenwald's run of several years. Admittedly, the first half is much much better than the second half. Also picked up the IRON MAN EPIC COLLECTION: WAR GAMES, which contains one of my favorite Iron Man story lines ever, written by JB and drawn by John Romita JR (and later Paul Ryan). This book is about to go OOP and Amazon is already sold out with only used copies available so I'd suggest if you want it, order it from wherever you can find it before the prices get crazy expensive. I got my copy from Instocktrades where it's still in stock and 42 percent off, for now. Also grabbed a copy of the first SAGA tpb from Amazon on Black Friday because I loaned my copy to the last girl I was dating and she never gave it back and I have all the other volumes. 

Edited by Shane Matlock on 06 December 2019 at 7:09pm

Marc Baptiste
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 December 2019 at 8:39pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Shane,

You have any interest in the Marvel Epic Collection: DEFENDERS series?  The newest (and I think final one in the series) came out this Wednesday or is due next Wednesday.  I am considering them myself.

Marc

Dave Phelps
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 December 2019 at 8:58am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Re - Amazing Spider-Man - if it helps, I think we're past the crossover hump after 2099. The blurbs for the issues past that are back to ASM business and they seem to be gearing up for the big Kindred story he's been teasing all along.

(Of course, now I find myself hoping they don't opt to make THAT a crossover event...)

Shane Matlock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 December 2019 at 4:11pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Marc, I'm absolutely interested in those Defenders Epic Collections. I have the first two they released, Ashes Ashes and the Six-Fingered Hand Saga. I'm planning on getting New Defenders and the End of All Songs, which will be the end of the series and the JM Dematteis run. I'll probably get the earlier Englehart volumes too when they start releasing those.

Dave, that's good to hear. Fingers crossed that Kindred story doesn't become the next big crossover.

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version