Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 May 2022 at 3:25pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

An hommage to an old Jeffrey Jones (Tarzan) sketch

Edited by Steven Queen on 15 May 2022 at 7:10pm
Back to Top profile | search

Steven Queen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 May 2022 at 3:26pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Wonder what I'm doing wroing with the upload (JPG = 600 px wide, 200KB). Looks fine in preview. Hmm...

Edited by Steven Queen on 15 May 2022 at 7:12pm

Joe Smith
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 May 2022 at 1:37am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Steven Queen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 May 2022 at 7:39pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Trying again with Marvel Girl

But If you go directly to the image on the forum's server...

QUOTE:
https://m.byrnerobotics/forum/http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/uploads/StevenQueen/2022-0 5-25 _193648_marvelGirl-small.jpg

you can see it's there. ???

Edited by Steven Queen on 26 May 2022 at 3:08am

Steven Queen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 May 2022 at 7:55pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Aha! Look at the link above...the forum software added an extra "https://www.byrnerobotics.com" in the middle of the (text only) link above. There must be some auto-insert mode enabled for my account?

HELP!

Steven Queen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 May 2022 at 7:56pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

(deleted test)

Edited by Steven Queen on 25 May 2022 at 7:57pm

Giorgos Goumas
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 May 2022 at 8:34pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Steven, in the link in the quote above, misses the .com after byrnerobotics. Also they seem to be available only to the mobile version of the site (m.byrnerobotics.com).

Maybe you should try to connect from a pc and see if it works better from you there (I guess you posted from mobile and there is some incompatibility - I have some problems too from my mobile)

I post the links to the 2 images of Steven:

Back to Top profile | search | www

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 May 2022 at 9:07pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Steven, I downloaded the Marvel Girl and then re-uploaded it to the site using my PC, just so it shows:

I can delete if you want to persist with trying for yourself!

Steven Queen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 May 2022 at 12:09am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Giorgos and Peter,

Thank you both so much for your help. I am on a Mac (and Linux) workstations not a phone, but I think I may have accidentally switched over to the mobile version of the site somehow.

I am grateful for your re-posting, and I'll try again in the future if and when I have something new to share.

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 May 2022 at 4:44am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Something happened to disable java scripts sometime ago across the internet and if you don't have an up to date system (like I don't) a lot of websites won't work partially or totally for you anymore the way they used to. That might be some of what is going on, or perhaps not. I can't do some things here like post an uploaded image, or put a link in, like I was able to before. I've noticed others have had some of the same issues.

Nice Marvel Girl by the way Mr. Queen; I admire anything obviously well constructed that still looks sketchy... it's more... human. I was always way too perfectionist about the surface being tight myself and could only wish I could draw looser that well.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Steven Queen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 May 2022 at 12:58pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Thank you very much Rebecca for the kind words and java script debug advise. :)

On the topic of sketchiness, I too have been many times guilty of overworking drawings. I think especially in the digital domain (which I try to avoid), also tempts one to do this.As a relative newbie on the art journey, I will say I've mentally freed myself to make mistakes (and lots of them) as I get those 10,000(?) bad sketches out of me. I just try for volume at this point, hoping daily practice is the real golden ticket. I leave the warts in place and just move on. The goal is just to learn for me---no end product necessary (...and I don't show anyone the worst ones!).

While I do admire the wonderfully loose style of some classic illustrators like Heinrich Kley, I'll admit the clean-up step---getting to a finished piece---is far, far harder and more tedious. Even when done well, sometimes still drain a bit of life out of the original sketch...at least too my eyes. Similarly, whenever I try to ink my own work, I inevitably butcher it.

Folks like Mr. Byrne, who inspired me with Elsewhen to attempt drawing late in life, that can achieve a beautiful (clean) result with just a few jedi-master strokes...are frankly amazing individuals. I hunt and peck like a chicken, leaving scratch-marks everywhere.

Another skill I've come to really appreciate is JB's ability with perspective. All those grids he's allowing us to see in pencil---that takes serious craftsmanship and is not easy in the least!

I suspect the reason why we see so many single-character, front-facing, art pieces on the internet is because frankly it's low hanging fruit compared to well constructed and perspective-plausible group scenes. I also see that successful compositions are constantly being re-used too. It's a tough thing to invent in a vacuum.

Thanks again all, for helping me to share my work.

Edited by Steven Queen on 26 May 2022 at 1:02pm

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 June 2022 at 6:18pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

<< Prev Page of 2581 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |