Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 7
Topic: Pencil/Inks Comparison (Silver Surfer One Shot cover) Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 May 2019 at 7:16pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I like Joe's better than Tom's inks.  But the eyes still aren't right.

I think I'm going to have to say I wish John could have inked his own work on this.  This was around the same time that when I saw John Byrne ink himself on his other books I felt it was the height of greatness.  Along with George Perez inking himself on NTT covers.
Back to Top profile | search

Alfredo Gonzalez
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 May 2019 at 9:17am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Thanks for your comments Peter!

The background of stars I was trying several options, but it did not convince me at all ... When I started working on it I had not seen Rubinstein's solution, which seems more accurate than Palmer's, make a background that was not 100% black that does not invade the figure of the Surfer and make it stand out.
I tried to apply some shade / reflection to the table, but since I did not want to add modern coloring effects, I considered that leaving it with a continuous color was more appropriate.
What is an unforgivable mistake is not having faithfully followed the original illumination of John Byrne  : '(
Again, thank you very much for your appreciations, with a criticism we learn more than with a compliment ;)

Greetings.
Back to Top profile | search

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 7
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |