Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Fan Fic MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Fan Fic << Prev Page of 69 Next >>
Topic: X-MEN.ELSEWHEN.31--Comments Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 June 2022 at 1:10am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

While I am certainly hoping you will find the motivation to continue this series, I am grateful and appreciative of what you have accomplished up to now and shared with all of us. Thanks, JB!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Steve Gumm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 June 2022 at 12:42pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Shoot JB you have gave us so much with 31 issues of X-Men. I hope you feel NO pressure to finish it up, not any. We can go back and enjoy what you given us, this should be worked on strictly because you want to and you should NEVER feel any obligation to draw another page. 

We want you to be happy and enjoy your time without feeling the project hanging over you. I think leaving it open ended is kind of like life, the story never ends.

At the end of the day we want you to be happy, if you are happier getting away from the drawing board that's what you should do. 

Thanks for all you've given us!  
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 June 2022 at 2:16pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I HOPE to continue! Lots of ideas with nowhere else to put them!!

Glad to hear, JB!! I'm excited to see what you have in store for future ELSEWHEN issues... when you're ready.

-C!

Paul Wills
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 June 2022 at 4:27pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

The fun thing for me about ELSEWHEN is the excitement to see where things are headed and experiencing the developement of the stories (well, of course, the great art too - seeing the pages for the first time). I wish JB could experience that, but as the author that seems impossible. I know the excitement of producing the work comes from another place.
David Gilmore stated that everyone raves about listening to Dark Side of the Moon on headphones but he could never experience that elation because he was too involved in creating it. There are some parallels 
(As I'm typing this, I just realized ELSEWHEN started off on the dark side of the moon!)
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Tony Moretti
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 June 2022 at 5:28pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

"As long as it wasn’t a website dedicated to Rob Liefeld!"
-----------------------
There's of course a million more talented folks out there, but I give Rob props for being in the right place at the right time and riding that wave. Who wouldn't if given the shot? It's a fanboy dream. He's basically a comic book fan that "learned" how to draw from comic books.
Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 08 June 2022 at 5:36pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

My objection to the Image boys is not that they rode the wave, but that they took credit for it.

Wallace Sellars
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 June 2022 at 5:51pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

JB, I just realized that the status under your badge has been updated to Imaginary X-Man. How late am I?

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 June 2022 at 8:17pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

By years, Wallace.

Paul Wills
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 June 2022 at 7:17pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Can't tell you how many times I went back to look at the last page. That castle is grander than Hogwarts! And Scott almost looks naked without his visor

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 20 June 2022 at 5:50pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

This morning I found a “review” of the JBF with basically nothing good to say. You’re all boring sycophants and the Mods and I ban anyone who offers even a whisper of discontent.

I was going to post a link so you could all take a look at the depths to which some will sink in their quest for Big Bad Byrne stories. Then I noticed the piece was anonymous. Guy(?) didn’t even have to he courage to sign it.

Jeffrey Rice
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 June 2022 at 6:50pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

What passes for articles these days, particularly online, is a crime. Anonymous should be banned from the internet.

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 June 2022 at 7:14pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

It says something for tolerance that I'm still present, and something for overall quality that I do come back (while I've left other forums completely). I've never signed up for twitter or facebook despite pressures to because I do like old-school basic quick-loading formats without lots of excess stuff going off. I've learned things here. I have a personal blog (short for web-log isn't it) but found myself posting less and less to it, it became more of a junk drawer really.

<< Prev Page of 69 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |