Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum Page of 30 Next >>
Topic: Trump Loses Support… Locked Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 12 July 2022 at 1:02pm | IP Logged | 1  

…of half the Republican voters, according to the New York Times.

Sounds like 2016 style wishful thinking, but even if it’s not it strikes me as the sort of thing that should NOT be reported. It could very easily encourage complacency in the Democrats.

Back to Top profile | search

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 July 2022 at 1:46pm | IP Logged | 2  

"He hath no friends but who are friends for fear. Which in his greatest need will shrink from him."

Michael Penn
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 July 2022 at 2:07pm | IP Logged | 3  

For what it's worth, the Wall Street Journal is editorializing that Trump's ostensible intent to announce his '24 campaign soon would, if it happens, likely be the gift that keeps on giving to the Democrats.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 July 2022 at 2:16pm | IP Logged | 4  

THIS is where the main stream media fails us.

Totally agree with JB about complacency among Democrats. It always worries me.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 12 July 2022 at 3:21pm | IP Logged | 5  

For what it's worth, the Wall Street Journal is editorializing that Trump's ostensible intent to announce his '24 campaign soon would, if it happens, likely be the gift that keeps on giving to the Democrats.

••

Michael Penn
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 July 2022 at 4:05pm | IP Logged | 6  

"Fool me once," indeed.

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 July 2022 at 5:05pm | IP Logged | 7  

———

When Fox News gave in and started airing the January 6 Committee hearings, I took it as a sign they were boarding the DeSantis train. I think this is more of the same. This is not 2016 style wishful thinking; this is the GOP trying to switch horses. 

Andrew Bitner
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 July 2022 at 5:18pm | IP Logged | 8  

Don't make any assumptions one way or the other. Trump loves to play against the odds. I honestly expected him to walk away in defeat rather than fight back after 2020, but he did-- and I won't make that mistake again.

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 July 2022 at 5:39pm | IP Logged | 9  

A concern is that Biden is not a particularly sexy democratic candidate at present, even privately admitted by dems. Two years is an eternity, but I definitely think Trump lurks as a credible threat and presumptive repub. nominee barring further Jan. 6th fall out / revelations.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 July 2022 at 8:34pm | IP Logged | 10  

It's like news on military equipment placement and specifications when at war... total 'freedom of speech' could be a fast ticket to doomsday.

His believers like that Trump doesn't quit but keeps on 'fighting', that makes him 'strong'... ay yi yi. I see it more as: don't feed him with the publicity he feeds upon, like a bear he'll just keep coming back for more and when everything/one else is gone you're next!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 13 July 2022 at 8:04am | IP Logged | 11  

I may be overly optimistic, but I don't think the Dems of 2022 are the same Dems of 2015, We saw what happened when we mocked and poo-pooed a run for president from a reality TV star.  It bit America hard in the ass.  Since then, Dems showed strong turnout in the 2018 and 2020 elections.  2022 is still to be decided.  But I don't think a piece by the decidedly conservative Wall Street Journal will make Dems suddenly become complacent considering the widespread belief that Republicans will sweep the midterms.  Whether they can overcome the gerrymandered districts and voter suppression of Republican states will be more of a roadblock than hyperbolic sentiment that Democrats are somehow complacent when push comes to shove. 

ron bailey
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 July 2022 at 2:26pm | IP Logged | 12  

"Whether they can overcome the gerrymandered districts and voter suppression of Republican states will be more of a roadblock than hyperbolic sentiment that Democrats are somehow complacent when push comes to shove. "
< id="protanopia"> < id="deuteranopia"> < id="tritanopia">

THANK you! Finally, someone actually looking at criteria that matters.

Makes me roll my eyes at those recen calls for Jon Stewart to run for president ...

Page of 30 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |