Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Fan Fic MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Fan Fic << Prev Page of 53 Next >>
Topic: X-MEN.ELSEWHEN.21--Comments Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 April 2021 at 8:05am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

RE: Abner and Gladys -- I thought they lived across the street from the Greys. ;)
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Vinny Valenti
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 April 2021 at 8:08am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

"Also noticed the halo has been removed from his chest in this edition."

--

I recall that being the case for OHOTMU Deluxe Edition #1 as well. X-FACTOR was about to be released, and there was much back-and-forth about what their costumes were going to look like. Strange that they left the halo on the costume that you drew on the cover, tho!
Back to Top profile | search

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 April 2021 at 8:13am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Mr. Incredible: "No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again. Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit? I feel like the maid; 'I just cleaned up this mess!' "

Why assume this is Pablo's doing? With both the Imperial Guard and the Scarlet Witch involved, I would make NO assumptions. 

And that kid must have one hella mental footprint to actually be able to interrupt Xavier while he's focusing on holding two Magnetos (which makes Xavier a transistor, I think...?)

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 29 April 2021 at 8:41am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

JB: Flipping thru the first volume of THE ESSENTIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE (the black and white reprint), and noticed what may qualify as the first editorial intrusion. Angel having cross the Atlantic solo in a Thomas/Adams issue is discounted, and "corrected" to indicate he "hitched a ride" on a jet. (Yes, the original creators got it WRONG. tsk tsk.)

That stinks. The ONE thing Angel can do best is fly and he's not even amazing at that?? Sheesh.

Back in those days, Marvel didn't have a huge number of flying characters. Angel got to be really terrific at that one thing. Now, with a plethora of flyers around, he's not nearly as special. That stinks too.

••

When I first read that Thomas/Adams issue, in my early 20s, my reaction was "Wow! He can do that? Cool!"

Alas, the prevailing mentality in comics was increasingly fan based, and not the right fans, either. So, by the time OHOTMU came along, the sense of wonder was pretty much dead, and everything had to be explained--even if it contradicted what had gone before.

Andrew Bitner
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 April 2021 at 8:54am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

It's not like I'd necessarily expect Warren to outfly the Concorde, but for heaven's sake, let the guy be good at what he can do. Why some editors feel the need to diminish their own company's characters is beyond me.

Andrew Bitner
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 April 2021 at 8:56am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Michael: RE: Abner and Gladys -- I thought they lived across the street from the Greys. ;)

They come standard with every community. Like a box set. Some assembly required.

Jim Petersman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 April 2021 at 9:31am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Whoa! The mystery of Pablo is about to be revealed! Especially interesting as it appears that he is building something out of the rubble. Excited to find out how this all plays out.

Tim O Neill
Byrne Robotics Security

Posted: 29 April 2021 at 9:41am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Wow!! What an ending!

This is the most cliffy of cliffhangers!

John Northey
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 April 2021 at 10:11am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

As expected - I didn't see this coming.  Love it!  If I was rich I'd probably pay some creators to do stuff, but this is more fun when I don't know what to expect page to page.  For every item I guess right there are a dozen times I'm wrong.  Fun!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Philippe Negrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 April 2021 at 10:24am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Yeah I thought Pablo had made the mansion come down at first. Upon closer look, he seems to have projected a new building from under ! Exciting !

Michael Hogan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 April 2021 at 10:24am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

@Andrew Bitner: Well, since the Greys live in "Darrin and Samantha Stevens'" old house, it just made sense to me that Gladys would be across the street.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Mark Haslett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 April 2021 at 10:29am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

WOW.

With Pablo, Jahf, two Magnetos, an evil band of Original X-Men, the Imperial Guard, Asparagus guys or maybe just a weapon, a young lady who turns Sentinels inside-out, and a dying Wolverine -- this is like holding a gross of tigers by the tail!

Hey Kids! Comics!

<< Prev Page of 53 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |