Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 May 2007 at 6:28pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

In.... the.... HOUSE!!
Back to Top profile | search

Dylan Contino
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 May 2007 at 7:09pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Hulk Hogan is my favorite wrestler ever, brother!

Sam Karns
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 May 2007 at 1:29am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Just TOO SWEET!!!!

++++

So were The Ring Of Honor part of TNA and now they're branching off? 

How is TNA so far?  Are the storylines still cheesy?

Sam Karns
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 May 2007 at 1:54am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

http://4dw.net/wwfhogan/nwophotos.html

Edited by Sam Karns on 14 May 2007 at 11:00pm

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 May 2007 at 3:36am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Sam, to answer your question, Ring of Honor is a separate wrestling fed. They've just had a lot of their talent leave and go to TNA or the WWE, like Homicide, Samoa Joe, and CM Punk to name a few.

As for current TNA storylines, I'm not quite up on everything, but....

Jay Lethal, an African-American wrestler, is now allied with Kevin Nash (who is a manager, more or less) and is wrestling as `Black Machismo', dressing like mid-early 90's Macho Man Randy Savage. (ie, with the cowboy hat and tassled jackets, as opposed to just a bandana on the head)

America's Most Wanted broke up for the umpteenth time and are feuding. James Storm is the heel and is aligned with Jacqueline Moore (aka Jacqueline in the WWE - not Miss Jackie, aka Jackie Gayda) and Chris Harris is aligned with Gail Kim. Jacqueline legitimately had at least two of her teeth knocked out by acciden while filming a fight with Gail for a backstage segment recently.

I'm not even sure who the X-Division champion is at the moment, and don't care about the tag division as they don't really have any teams except LAX and Team 3D.

Christian Cage is the current champion, and will be defending against Sting at the next pay-per-view. Jeff Jarrett returned recently as a face and more or less let Sting get the win for their team at the last ppv, where the stipulation was that the wrestler who scored the win for their team would get a title shot. I don't even remember who was on their team other than them and Kurt Angle.....

Eric Young is working as Robert Roode's lackey, despite Roode's gimmick not going anywhere (most reports I've heard, fans are pretty much indifferent toward him - ie, he's not getting much crowd reactions), and mentioned something about having a friend to Roode. Roode tried to force Young to reveal who it was, but Young wouldn't tell. The friend was revealed when someone (I forget who - may have been Roode) attacked Young and the friend made the save. It was Jeff Jarrett. (That's how Jarrett returned on Impact, and yes, he did deliver a guitar shot)

Most of what I know is from reading Impact taping results and other news, because I'm pretty much avoiding TNA, because its so bad that I can't even stand watching it despite Sting being there. (Sting and Hulk Hogan are pretty much my two favorite wrestlers)
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Sam Karns
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 May 2007 at 8:27pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I'm saddened to see Sting still as that Turner Movie Product.  TNA, please do, Steve Bordon, a favor and make the Sting I loved and cherished.

This imposter is not Sting.

THIS IS THE MAN KNOWN AS STING!

Sam Karns
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 May 2007 at 8:30pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

He was a wrestler I thought had the perfect package: strength, speed, and the glaring fear factor against all odds.  Plus he loved the kids and they loved him as well.  Plus he's from Venice Beach, California where another Godly presense is from in the world of wrestling, Brother!

Sam Karns
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 May 2007 at 8:32pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Sam Karns
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 May 2007 at 8:33pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Another thing I loved about him was that howl.  Man it gave me goosebumps when he did it.  Here's to a great wrestler who deserves more respect.

Mike Baswell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 May 2007 at 11:20pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Sam, I couldn't agree with you more about Sting. Why he is sticking with the
Crow ripoff shtick is beyond me. The images you posted are Sting.

Side question - What does everyone think about the rash of injuries
crippling the WWE right now? I can't think of a time when more of their 1st
teir talent has been sidelined all at the same time.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Richard Fisher
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 May 2007 at 3:15pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Re: pic of W

Dude! W. is not cool enough to be in the NWO!!!

Used to love Sting until the Crow gimmick. Unfortunately, he was more popular doing nohting in the rafters as Crow than actually wrestling as "Surfer Sting"

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 May 2007 at 5:53am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

They've got a trailer out for the DOA: Dead Or Alive movie that's coming out. For those who don't know, DOA is a series of fighting video games that features mostly women and has fighters using various styles of combat. Kevin Nash is playing Bass Armstrong, which is serious miscasting. In the games, Bass is more or less a cross between Hulk Hogan (looks, mainly), `Doctor Death' Steve Williams and the legendary Stan Hansen, with cowboy and biker gimmicks.

As for Sting, I really wish he would go back to the multi-color facepaint and tights, but obviously not the bleached blond flat top.

In further news, TNA is no longer associated with the NWA, and the World and Tag Team champions were stripped of their belts. New champs will be crowned, with TNA, not NWA, championship belts at next month's pay-per-view.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

<< Prev Page of 523 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |