Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Sports Talk MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Sports Talk Page of 2 Next >>
Topic: CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS 1/22 - MAKE YOUR PICKS!! Locked Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2017 at 2:22am | IP Logged | 1  

Sunday, January 22

• Packers (4th seed) at Falcons (2nd seed)
  • Steelers (3rd seed) at Patriots (1st seed)
Back to Top profile | search

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2017 at 2:22am | IP Logged | 2  

Sunday, January 22

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2017 at 2:36am | IP Logged | 3  

Falcons. Game could go either way, but the Packers barely beat Dallas despite Rodgers being on fire. So I'm going with the Falcons.

Patriots. No way the Steelers beat New England when they couldn't even score a TD against the Chiefs. 

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2017 at 4:35am | IP Logged | 4  

I suspect that it will be a Falcons vs Patriots Superbowl. But I'm picking the teams that I want to see in the game.
  • Packers (4th seed) at Falcons (2nd seed)
  • Steelers (3rd seed) at Patriots (1st seed)

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2017 at 7:08am | IP Logged | 5  

No way the Steelers beat New England when they couldn't even score a TD against the Chiefs. 

--

If the Steelers beat the Patriots on the road I may have to reconsider this whole God thing.

Robert Kowalewski II
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2017 at 7:57am | IP Logged | 6  

• Packers (4th seed) at Falcons (2nd seed) - Since I picked the NFC sooooo well this past weekend(0-2) I'll see if this one is correct...
  • Steelers (3rd seed) at Patriots (1st seed) - I'm going to keep hoping that Pittsburgh can beat Brady & Co, maybe this year it'll happen...

Steven Myers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2017 at 9:12am | IP Logged | 7  

Falcons were very impressive in their win. Packers squeaked it out. I'll go with FALCONS.

Patriots were given a win by a very underperforming team. Steelers went to a very hostile environment and ruled with ball control what they couldn't do with big plays. I'll go STEELERS. (If Brady doesn't get to touch the ball....)
Back to Top profile | search | www

Rich Marzullo
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2017 at 11:20am | IP Logged | 8  

Sunday, January 22

Should be an epic Super Bowl.

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2017 at 1:58pm | IP Logged | 9  

You know I'm going with my Patriots.  Still thinking about GB and Atlanta.

Hard to imagine it's coincidence these 4 teams had the 4 longest win streaks in the entire league heading into the playoffs.  Talent is king but peaking at the right time seems particularly important in football (GB was given up for dead by most when they were 4-6 but 4 of 6 JBFers now pick them to reach the superbowl so far this week.) 

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2017 at 5:50pm | IP Logged | 10  

I thought Green Bay was deader than dead.  And I was thoroughly disgusted with Pittsburgh.  But they ascended when they had too.  And passed poor Detroit as they were on the way down...

Allan Summerall
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2017 at 6:57pm | IP Logged | 11  

Sunday, January 22

Doug Centers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2017 at 7:06pm | IP Logged | 12  

• Packers (4th seed) at Falcons (2nd seed)- Packers defense is very suspect and against the probable MVP Ryan and his potent offense I'm going Atlanta. WTF Green Bay lose already!!

• Steelers (3rd seed) at Patriots (1st seed)- Not excited about either of these teams going to the SB (same old, same old). I think Brady feels he's sticking it to Goodell if he takes the Pats all the way and receives the trophy from him.

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2017 at 9:35pm | IP Logged | 13  

I do NOT want ANY of these teams to win.  Looks like I'm passing on the rest of football this season.

On to the off season stuff for me now!

Philippe Pinoli
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2017 at 1:59am | IP Logged | 14  

Poor Kevin, I'm sad for you.

Atlanta-NE will do fine for me with plenty of storylines.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2017 at 2:09am | IP Logged | 15  

As it stands, I'm for the Falcons if they make it, because they've only been once and lost.

I do NOT want Patriots-Packers, or the Steelers in the game at all. If we get Patriots-Packers, I probably won't even watch the game. 

I'm tired of the Patriots, Packers and Steelers in the playoffs, period. Let alone the actual Super Bowl.

If I had 3 wishes, and couldn't use them for wealth or world peace, one of them would be that all 3 of those teams, plus the Giants and Seahawks, all miss the playoffs next season. (Forget that: make it the next five!)

I've had completely garbage luck during the playoffs: I may have predicted more games correctly, but so far the only outcome I've actually wanted in any playoff game so far was the Packers knocking out the Giants. 

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 17 January 2017 at 2:54am | IP Logged | 16  

Philippe Pinoli wrote:
Poor Kevin, I'm sad for you

Agreed.  I love football so much that it could actually be the Packers (who I hate with a burning white-hot passion) and the Pats (who I'm SO incredibly tired of their dynasty) and I'll be watching the Superbowl two hours before kickoff.  

But it's not decided yet and I don't understand what anyone has against Atlanta.  Why wouldn't you root for them as the underdog in any scenario? They, out of any of the four teams left, would be the biggest underdog.  I'm NFC all the way and that's the team I'm rooting for.  

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2017 at 10:08am | IP Logged | 17  

Yeah, I've never had a strong opinion either way about GB (if anything I'm slightly negative because of going to college in Chicago in the 80s) but I don't see how you can't enjoy watching the beauty of Rodgers' play this year, particularly during their 8 game streak.

One of the most compelling things about the remaining teams is that each has a really special veteran QB with as much talent as any in the game and a tradition of winning.  Ryan has the lightest CV and lowest career QB rating of the four yet he's only had two losing seasons in the nine he's played, was a rookie of the year and is this year's presumptive MVP.   The other three all have legendary accomplishments unnecessary to recount here.  On any given Sunday any of these guys is capable of turning things upside down and doing something breathtaking and I expect we're going to see that in each of the three games left this season. 

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2017 at 1:54pm | IP Logged | 18  

The Super Bowl is going to be a good game no matter who's in with the teams left. Some people just don't care for certain teams or combinations, and that's understandable.

Matt, how you feel about the Packers is how I feel about the Alabama Crimson Tide in college ball. I'm sick of the Steelers, Packers and Patriots, but I can't really say there's an NFL I actually hate. Particular players, yes. Teams, no.

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2017 at 2:35pm | IP Logged | 19  

Atlanta's never won it all and haven't been in almost twenty years; there's plenty of sentimental juice there.

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2017 at 9:33pm | IP Logged | 20  

Even more of a reason to avoid watching the Super Bowl:  Trump will be interviewed during the pre-game at some point by Bill O'Reilly.  "Oh joy."

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2017 at 10:52pm | IP Logged | 21  

Well I for one would like to see a Packers vs Steelers Superbowl. I don't dislike any of the remaining teams. So either way I'm okay. After the Giants I root for the Packers and Steelers. In that order so naturally I'd like to see both play each other.

Philippe Pinoli
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 January 2017 at 1:44am | IP Logged | 22  

I wouldn't miss any SB for any reason (I'll make arrangements with God or even Satan for it !), I always can find a favorite (I am an AFC guy and suffered this horrible 80-90's streak of terrible slaughters...) and...this is the last game before a loooong starless night... 

Steven Myers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 January 2017 at 8:41pm | IP Logged | 23  

I will watch the Super bowl, but I don't watch pre-game, halftime, or commercials. I have other hobbies!

I've never noticed the Falcons before, but now I'm a big backer!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 January 2017 at 12:58am | IP Logged | 24  

Atlanta barely got by GB in their first meeting (maybe the best reg. season game of the year) but many Packers were injured who are now healthy (except Jordy Nelson).  But Atlanta is better, too.  GB shows signs of being one of those teams of destiny but the Falcons destroyed Seattle's defense, which is superior to Green Bay's.  Rodgers was arguably the second best NFL QB this year but Ryan was the best.  This should be quite a shoot out.  Falcons.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 19 January 2017 at 12:30pm | IP Logged | 25  

Sunday, January 22

Although I'd love to see a Steelers/Falcons Superbowl, I'm hard pressed to think that Pittsburgh will beat the Pats at home with how they played on offense vs KC.  On the flip side, Rogers is white hot and I can see him winning on the road yet again to make it to the big show.  I just hate the Pack so much that I can neither root for them nor pick them this weekend.  I'm all Dirty Bird, all day!

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |