Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Sports Talk MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Sports Talk
Topic: Darts Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 September 2017 at 3:39pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Can't say I follow darts religiously - it's more "background noise" whilst I work at home - but I have it on and watch it now and again.

Being a person who ALWAYS hits the bullseye in darts (I never miss), I appreciate the sport. With the Champions League of Darts, starting this weekend, I thought I'd start the topic. Post about darts in general, the Champions League in particular - or anything else of relevance.

Go! 
Back to Top profile | search

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 September 2017 at 5:02pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I used to be in a league back in my bar days. I was ok. One night tho, I was in THE ZONE. I couldn't miss what I was throwing for if I had tried. Just that one night, tho. 

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 September 2017 at 5:34pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I was in a league years ago (at a civil service office I worked at) but there just wasn't the interest or commitment from some. Some teams, quite a few in fact, didn't even bother to show for the matches!

So a lot of dart-throwing in recent years has been me on my own in this apartment. Which isn't as fun! 

Doug Centers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 September 2017 at 6:52pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I played in a league for a few years. Really just a reason to get together with the guys once a week at the pub. 
Of course my competitive spirit would take over. I think we used traditional darts the first year only then the bar got a digital board and we went soft tip. 

Cricket was our game of choice. What about you guys?

Edited by Doug Centers on 15 September 2017 at 6:53pm

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 16 September 2017 at 12:48am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Love the game of darts. One of my favorites.  Don't believe that you never miss the bull, Robbie, but we'll leave that to the stuff of myth and legend. I played in a league for quite a while, but had to abandon it when my partner moved out of state.

We don't get many dart matches telecast over here in the States, but I think it's a fascinating game and, much like golf, much more tough than people give it credit. 

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 16 September 2017 at 12:52am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Doug Centers wrote:
I think we used traditional darts the first year only then the bar got a digital board and we went soft tip. 

Cricket was our game of choice. What about you guys?

Only a soft tip player myself.  I get the allure of steel tip, traditional darts but I'm far too lazy to keep score.  

On the game front, Cricket is my game of choice.  I like the occasional 501, but it's really only and ever Cricket.

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2017 at 6:13am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

We don't get many dart matches telecast over here in the States, but I think it's a fascinating game and, much like golf, much more tough than people give it credit. 

Along with snooker, people assume that golf and darts are 'easy sports'. Because they don't involve lots of running/jumping, I think some see them as easy targets. That's certainly the impression I have got from certain comments made over time.

I haven't played golf, but I have played snooker and darts. Tougher than they look. And the mental stamina can be tough, too, especially if playing long games. And they most definitely are physical, just in a different way.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2017 at 7:46am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Cricket. Only and ever

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2017 at 2:26pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Well, the PDC Champions League of Darts began today.

And it coincides with my new HD-TV. Darts never looked this good!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply | Post New Topic |