Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Movies MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Movies << Prev Page of 2
Topic: Marvel Studios and Fox Studios walk into a bar.... Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 October 2017 at 6:13am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Why does my gut tell me that if Marvel & Fox ever teamed-up (or if Marvel ever got the rights back from Fox), the very first thing they'd do would be to make SECRET WARS: THE MOVIE?

That was my choice too and absolutely agree; however, the challenge with such a film - despite trying to turn a fairly humdrum mini series into a credible film - would be finding enough villains to populate it. The films from all companies, including Marvel itself, have struggled to come up with truly great villains across each films. For every, Magneto and Loki we've had (not really) the Vulture and the Mandarin.
Back to Top profile | search

Brian Rhodes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 October 2017 at 9:19am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

...we've had (not really) the Vulture and the Mandarin.

I don't think that's even a fair comparison. The basic beats of the Vulture are there in HOMECOMING: older guy, uses technology to fly and steal stuff, fights Spider-Man...

IM3 just made a shit-show of the Mandarin. They turned a compelling villain into Ringo Starr. Strike that...the actual Ringo Starr would have been more interesting.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Matthew Wilkie
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 October 2017 at 12:14pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I don't think that's even a fair comparison.

You're right but I wasn't comparing the film Vulture and Mandarin but rather thinking that neither are truly established as credible long-term villains. I absolutely agree that Vulture is superior to Mandarin in every way.
Back to Top profile | search

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |