Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 March 2018 at 8:47am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Matt’s old. 
Back to Top profile | search

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 04 March 2018 at 8:51am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

TURN DOWN THAT STUFF YOU CALL "MUSIC"!  IT'S MAKING MY EARS BLEED!!!

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 March 2018 at 11:46am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Mr. Reed, sorry. I thought discussion could include negative impressions, but if you say "no", it's no. And you make a good point; just complaining isn't worth much. I reckon I could have provided a counterpoint, and I didn't. My sincere apologies.

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 March 2018 at 6:06pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

About the original show, it followed a pattern seen in most long-running shows, particularly sitcoms.The first season is usually rough, as the actors, directors, and writers get a feel for the characters. Then we get to a period where the show is running on all cylinders and becomes the show that people think of when they recall the series. Finally, most shows start to run out of stem and sometimes become a parody of itself. If lucky, the plug is pulled before the show crashes and burns too badly. Unfortunately, some go down in flames.

Sometimes, like with "Married With Children," the characters are almost different characters than what they eventually become established as being. Both "Roseanne" and "Married With Children" had a bit more scenes with Roseanne and Al's workplace and co-workers in earlier episodes, before the focus shifted more completely to the goings on at the household and with the family.

Roseanne, being new to acting was more giggly and obviously nervous in front of the camera in that first year, but became more relaxed as time went on, and her demeanor changed where she would deliver lines with a sneer more than a goofy grin. This worked better for the character she was portraying.

I think a big reason the show really went downhill that final season is that Roseanne was bored and wanted to mix things up too much. I recall in the first season or so that she told reporters, etc., that she had a list or something to outline things that she didn't want to do on her show as had been done on other family sitcoms of the past. But that final season seem to fly in the face of her list, almost like she purposefully wanted to crash the show at that point.

Back to Top profile | search | www

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |