Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Movies MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Movies << Prev Page of 10
Topic: GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS trailer Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2020 at 9:08pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Update: I still haven't seen Shin Godzilla, and I like it that way.

I am kind of not looking forward to Godzilla vs. King Kong, because I fear its going to be a load of bs where they end up teaming up, or they're going to come up with stupid, convoluted way for Kong to win. He didn't win the first time *, so why should he win the second, when Godzilla is now more powerful, and Kong is just....bigger than he was before?

* If you think about it, the ending has to have it wrong: Once they end up in the water, its more like Godzilla let Kong live than Kong won. 

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Bill Guerra
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 August 2020 at 10:18pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

About the end of the original Godzilla vs King Kong....apes can't swim! 
Back to Top profile | search

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 August 2020 at 6:02pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

That's why I said the ending is really that Godzilla let Kong live. He probably just decided Kong wasn't worth killing...or at least continuing to fight with...and just swam off. 

The fight is a draw, NOT a Kong win.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Bill Mimbu
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 August 2020 at 8:50pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Recently purchased the updated version of the book THE LOST FILMS (The Big Book of Japanese Giant Monster Movies) by John LeMay. Covering the actual lost films of Japanese giant monster cinema, as well as the multitude of proposed movie concepts that never made it beyond the planning stage (or were completely revamped into the actual films we're familiar with).

There is a chapter covering a proposed continuation of the KING KONG VERSUS GODZILLA film, with Kong becoming the surrogate father to the infant survivor of a plane crash in Africa, and following it to Japan after the baby is rescued. In the meantime, Godzilla's "dead" body is recovered from the sea and put on display as an amusement park attraction. Kong comes ashore, and the authorities decide to revive Godzilla via electricity to counter him. Much proposed mayhem ensues, and both end up falling into Mt. Aso in Kyushu, the same volcano in the climatic scene for RODAN (1956).

There are also short chapters covering the lost films of KING KONG MADE IN JAPAN (1933) and KING KONG APPEARS IN EDO (1938), but the synopsis of these movies indicates the former as a silent comedy short that played with the Japanese release of the 1933 KING KONG (featuring a man in an ape suit pretending to be Kong), and man-sized ape causing problems in feudal Japan in the latter... So, pretty much "King Kong" in name only.

Edited by Bill Mimbu on 17 August 2020 at 8:54pm
Back to Top profile | search

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 10
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |