Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Dr. Who MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Dr. Who
Topic: Troughton & Britbox Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 February 2019 at 9:26pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I've recently been watching DVR recordings of the 2nd Doctor and had one run short(they run them as one movie, taking out episode breaks) because it recorded later than it was supposed to.  I ended up adding Britbox to my Firestick so I could watch the missing parts and ended up making my way all the way through to Troughtons final story: War Games. That was a long story(10 parts in all), but it was a nice(if not menacing) introduction of the Timelords...
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Jack Bohn
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 February 2019 at 9:55am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I wonder if "War Games" was movie-ized in one or two parts. Back when I was chasing Doctor Who around the country the station I saw it on was doing episodes daily.

Looking back, yeah, it was interesting that the stories were very focused on jeopardy of the episode with very little teasing that the ending would change everything we knew about Who.
Back to Top profile | search

Craig Bogart
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 February 2019 at 8:02pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I grew up watching "movie" versions of the entire series on Saturday nights in the 1980s, and when they got to The War Games, it was split over two weeks.

Andrew Saxon
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 February 2019 at 5:05am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

In truth I wish we had never seen the Time Lords again after The War Games. In every follow up appearance they were diminished just a little bit more until the Doctor's race became just like any other lot of aliens he ran into on his travels. I thought one of the few things the 21st century series got right was destroying Gallifrey... though, of course, that didn't last.

John Byrne

Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 09 February 2019 at 1:31pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

The Time Lords suffered the same fate as the Vulcans on STAR TREK or the Watchers at Marvel. Progressively, new and younger writers stripped them of their power and stature. Authority figures must be brought down!
Back to Top profile | search

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply | Post New Topic |