Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Movies MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Movies << Prev Page of 2
Topic: JB’s Bloodsport in Suicide Squad 2 Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 August 2020 at 8:18am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I just checked a video with all her scenes on Supergirl.

I have never watched a Supergirl episode and, judging by how they portrayed Silver Banshee, it looks like that will not change anytime soon.

I remember Silver Banshee came out of nowhere in JB's comic book, but here they had to give her an origin story.

I remember her powers were scary, she killed everyone who touched. Here she just screams like a maniac all the time.

And I also remember she was looking for some magic book in JB's story, she had a mysterious motivation. Here she's just... angry?

I think Silver Banshee is a great example of how simple concepts done right work well. I can't believe how someone would want to "update" that creation.
Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne

Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 23 August 2020 at 8:51am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

This YouTube compilation seems to suggest Banshee fared best in the animated versions--until the end, there, where she sort of gets Harley Quinned.

(Seems the animated versions of characters suffered the same fate as they did in the comics, with "creators" forgetting the visuals are supposed to suggest the names, and vice versa.)

Carlos Velasco
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 August 2020 at 10:44am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Definitely better than in the Supergirl series! But does all her scenes really consist of her screaming?

Well, no! I found this scene where she has a conversation with Solomon Grundy.

In any case, she should be scary and she's not. They seem to be using her as some kind of sonic ray gun. One of the cool things about her in the first comic was her confusion in our reality/present world: she didn't realize that cops with helmets were different persons, she though the second one was the first one who had resurrected. That was totally removed in Supergirl and doesn't seem to appear in the cartoons.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |