Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | TV
Topic: The Looming Tower Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 August 2020 at 2:56pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Then Looming Tower is on Amazon Prime. Iím up to episode 8 out of 10 and enjoying it very much. I give anything Jeff Daniels is in after Newsroom. It starts during the Clinton administration and is tracking the hunt for UBL and Al-Qaeda. I recommend it.

Edited by Eric Ladd on 30 August 2020 at 5:06pm
Back to Top profile | search

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 August 2020 at 5:31pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Please tell me Jeff Daniels is playing Clinton....

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 August 2020 at 6:14pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Just finished the 10 episode series today. Daniels plays John OíNeill, 25 year veteran of the FBI. President Clinton is never on camera, but it is interesting that the Monica Lewinsky scandal detracted from auctioning credible threats identified by intelligence agencies. The series is stand alone and I canít see there being a second season. Certain aspects of the story have been altered for dramatic effect, but the story is largely intact. It was eye opening not the least of which was learning the name Ali Soufan and his efforts with8n the FBI.

I canít help but think about the current situation in the US and wonder if 15-20 years from now there will be television shows and movies that expose what happened when the facts are exposed by the people who were there. The 911 attacks were horrible, but perhaps more striking is that they could have been prevented. I stand by my recommendation and encourage anyone to watch this show. 
Back to Top profile | search

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply | Post New Topic |