Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Fan Fic MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Fan Fic << Prev Page of 55 Next >>
Topic: X-MEN.ELSEWHEN.15--Comments Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 30 September 2020 at 7:08am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I think you can all see, now, why I have been playing the "real time" card here. I didn't want Jean's apparent transfiguration to be too long ago, but I also didn't want it too close.

Xmas---------Xmas---------Xmas---"today" seemed just about right.

Back to Top profile | search

Jonathan A. Dowdell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 September 2020 at 7:22am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Did notice that Scott appears to be wearing the black turtleneck he was wearing in the original framing sequence in #138? Jean looks like she has on a pleated skirt as well? Am I crazy? 

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 30 September 2020 at 7:36am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Black turtleneck is my default setting for Scott.

No deliberate connection to 138 intended.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 September 2020 at 7:43am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I KNEW it!

Jonathan A. Dowdell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 September 2020 at 7:49am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Mr. Byrne, the reason Scott's outfit from #138 was fresh in my mind was because I was recently rereading the issue and I noticed something -- and this may be the place to ask a question about what I noticed? 

When reading I realized that the top two panels look as though they are from the original story in the "present" and not in the flashback, right? The outfits, Scott's glasses look to match the original framing sequence?  Either you or Chris (or the editor?) realized that the text could cover the fact that these panels were still part of the "flashback." Any recollection? 

Thanks

Chris Wood
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 September 2020 at 7:56am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

John, I just want to say how much I appreciate Elsewhen. I have lost connection to Marvel's products over the years for many of the reasons expressed elsewhere on this site.

And although I'm not the age group that should be targeted by comics creators — that was a few decades ago for me — the fact is that I would still be buying Marvel comics if the current output maintained the commitment to character, quality art and story displayed here. It's pure fun and anticipation. Thank you!

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 30 September 2020 at 7:59am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Sorry, Jonathan, I got nuthin’!

Steve Adelson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 September 2020 at 8:14am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Wow, all the way back to #94 for that!  I had forgotten, too, Scott.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Mark McKay
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 September 2020 at 8:30am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

My hope is that Scott convinces her to stay on the next page! 
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Michael Genitempo
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 September 2020 at 8:33am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

It was not lost on me that Jean had quit prior to the Sentinel attack, and it makes sense that Scott and her are in different places now... though it is something of a relief that their relationship appears intact.

I still wonder how Scott is processing what's happened emotionally but as this is Scott I get that we may not see it here.

And what of Kurt? (anticipation!)

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 September 2020 at 9:03am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Very strong page. There are a lot of possible options from this point, and I know the one I'm expecting probably won't be what happens.

But the key matter - the KEY - is one that isn't' speculating as much as realizing. Jean and Scott love each other, and always will. This isn't a snap decision, because Jean and Scott will decide together, and act on this together.

The one thing I'm sure will NOT happen is that Scott and Jean will leave the X-Men, go to Alaska to a mysterious and never-before-seen set of grandparents Summers*, and fall in love with Madeline Pryor, a redhead who resembles Jean**, and have the wildest three-way ever in comics history.***

* How horribly cruel. Scott and Alex have grandparents, who completely ABANDONED them for over a decade. How could those people have NOT known about their grandchildren? And how could they have cared so little? That Claremont... what a soul of sympathy.

** Okay, I'll allow that Scott was on the verge of a nervous breakdown right after Jean died, and he could have seen Jean in a woman who resembled her. But after all that time, he had returned to the X-Men. He had started into another relationship.^^ He seemed pretty balanced - and all of a sudden, here's another redhead who really doesn't resemble Jean, but for whom he falls immediately. Talk about shennanigans! I dunno if Paul Smith is to blame for this or not... but in any case, c'mon!

^^ Colleen Wing... Aletys Forrester... I guess Scott's not exactly true blue loyal to Jean's memory

*** Yes. I'm a very bad boy. Punish me, Mistress Inga. :) :) :) Could be worse. We could throw Phoenix in there too...

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 30 September 2020 at 9:43am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

...Aletys Forrester...

•••

The last character I “co” created on X-Men—in the sense that I came up with everything about the character, and when I left Chris turned her into somebody else.

Case in point, I named her Samantha, so her nickname could be a boy’s name. From Dog knows where, Chris conjured “Aletys” and called her “Lee”.

<< Prev Page of 55 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |