Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 39 Next >>
Topic: President Biden, Being Presidential Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 January 2021 at 1:09pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

My uncle was one of those "Trump has done more as President than anyone in the previous 20 years" bs.

Well, Biden has already done more as President in less than a week than that con man did in 4 years. *

*If you don't include all the illegal crap, that is.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 January 2021 at 1:53pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

20 years? He’s not a true acolyte. When I hear the phrase, it always
ends with “in the history of the United States.”
Back to Top profile | search

James Johnson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 January 2021 at 2:25pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Everyone seems to forget the scandal pre-Inauguration when multiple outlets reported that Biden had a Peloton bike and whether that would be a security issue if he brought it to the White House. 

======================================================

..as opposed to the walking security risk and his ilk that occupied the WH from 2017-2021........

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 January 2021 at 3:42pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

20 years? He’s not a true acolyte. When I hear the phrase, it always
ends with “in the history of the United States.”

++++++++++++++++
Eh, he's brainwashed enough. Was already posting "Impeach Biden" crap well before the inauguration.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 January 2021 at 3:55pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Well, first the Senate needs to get through the impeachment trial (again) of the orange one.  Then we can worry about Biden's impeachment in, oh, say... never.

Michael Casselman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 January 2021 at 7:11am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

a Peloton bike and whether that would be a security issue if he brought it to the White House. 

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 January 2021 at 8:23am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Michael - of COURSE I know what you're referring to with those abbreviations ;). But, ah, perhaps you might expand for those not in the know, if  you please.

James Johnson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 January 2021 at 8:38am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

One of the few times I've seen the press understand the nature of a SCIF and crossing over networks. Ah, memories of trying to add a couple unclass workstations in an otherwise TS/TS-SCI facility...

=================================================

Unclass workstations can be installed in a TS/TS-SCI facility, but only on a different network .

You need to have access to the Internet to perform other duties as assigned and conduct research.

I fall along those acronyms as well.......   :-)

Edited by James Johnson on 26 January 2021 at 8:40am

Michael Casselman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 January 2021 at 9:26am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

We had a security manager who threw an absolute fit about having workstations that were a part of a completely separate unclass network in a SCIF. We didn't mingle at all with the classified elements, not even as a process of moving information from high-to-low for disemination, message traffic or declassifying purposespurposes. She gave us the stink-eye for months, especially when we also had to collect software from around the Brigade and also store it in our SCIF office.
And this was almost 25 years ago.
So when the media gets on a kick about writing about military or government cybersecurity, the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 January 2021 at 2:48pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

100% disagree with Biden on the filibuster (i.e. 60 votes needed to pass legislation).  Screw that.  The GOP will lock everything up as it did when Obama had a Democratic Senate.  Time for the filibuster to go the way of the dinosaurs.  Majority rules now.

Marc Baptiste
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 January 2021 at 2:58pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Kevin,

AGREE 100%!!!  Mitch McConnell's GOP has proven that someday (may it not be soon) when the GOP controls the White House, Senate and House, they will not waste a nano-second in doing away with the filibuster!  

Just look at McConnell's verbal gymnastics when it came to rationalizing confirming Trump's Supreme Court nominee's, particularly Coney Barrett.  I wouldn't take his word to lunch!

Marc

(P.S. By the way, even IF you respect, in principle, Democratic Senators Manchin and Synema's desire to preserve the filibuster; who on earth taught them to play poker!?!?  You don't announce to the opposition your final position while your team is in heated negotiations!  Talk about cutting newly-minted Majority Leader Schumer off at the knees!)

Edited by Marc Baptiste on 28 January 2021 at 3:03pm

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 January 2021 at 10:10pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

By the way, even IF you respect, in principle, Democratic Senators Manchin and Synema's desire to preserve the filibuster; who on earth taught them to play poker!?!?

———

Manchin and Sinema are conservative Democrats flexing their conservativeness/bipartisan cred to their conservative constituents. 

<< Prev Page of 39 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |