Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Fan Fic MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Fan Fic << Prev Page of 53 Next >>
Topic: X-MEN.ELSEWHEN.21--Comments Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 April 2021 at 5:57am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I for one wouldn't want you to have to change a word from your initial plan. This whole project is a wonderful gift that you given us, and we should respect your wishes on not posting where we think you're going with the story. It is not much to ask. I can find plenty to comment on without stepping over the line of guessing the plot.

JB if the constant guessing of where the plot is heading is causing you to actually do more work and rework the plot, maybe you could shut down comments until certain plot point(s) are resolved. 

Thanks for bringing these characters to life again... man I had missed them! I hope you know how much we've enjoyed tuning in to this wild rollercoaster ride, you're the best! 

Edited by Steve Gumm on 19 April 2021 at 5:58am
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 19 April 2021 at 6:05am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

So far--so far!--I have not had to rework any of my storylines due to guesses made here in the comments, but some of those guesses have come way too close. Especially recently.

I can't see how shutting down the comments section would be much help, either. In the case of a multi-part story, such as we're in right now, I'd have to close down comments for months. Not much fun there!

Can't even delete the speculative comments that come too close. That would just announce to the poster that s/he got it right.

Just have to keep beseeching everyone to reign in the guesses.

Back to Top profile | search

Michael Arndt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 April 2021 at 6:16am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Loving the storyline, JB. 

Interesting all the way around. 

Wallace Sellars
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 April 2021 at 6:18am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I've been looking forward to today's page since Friday, and you certainly didn't disappoint, JB! It's a treat seeing the Multiple Man again, and I can really feel Magneto's anger in that fourth panel! My favorite panel is the last one with Erik the Red though. Nice job with that transformation!
Back to Top profile | search | www

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 19 April 2021 at 6:19am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Are Hannah and Abraham Altshuler pre-existing characters, or are they new?

So much has been added to Xavier's backstory (and other characters), I can't keep track of everything.

They're new.

======

JB,

Would these new characters be considered Marvel property?

••

Not sure. Not really something about which I am worrying. (See Carla and Pablo, for instance.)

Michael Arndt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 April 2021 at 6:23am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I'm amazed by how you keep track of everything going on in the Elsewhen universe. 

Great stuff today. I always enjoy a trip to Muir Island. Was not disappointed with this one either.

James Johnson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 April 2021 at 6:24am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Love today's page!!!!!

JB - As a said before, sometimes you just gotta go with the flow. Some folks (especially ADULTS!?!?!?!) love to feel special when they guess something. 

Let them have their moment of inner joy. Most of us that have been commenting on this series have kept many clues to themselves.

Personally, things like this never ruin my enjoyment. That's why I never get bent out-of-shape when it comes to "spoilers" in entertainment (TV, movies, books, etc...). Folks can reveal whatever they want to me, but until I get read/see it, it's all background noise.

Edited by James Johnson on 19 April 2021 at 6:25am

Ted Downum
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 April 2021 at 6:33am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Today's page is amazing, even by ELSEWHEN's already very high standards.

Richard Stevens
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 April 2021 at 6:34am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

This is such a neat way of approaching the changes in Magneto over the years. And it's just the right flavor of "Oh, Charles..." He means well, but his "I know better than you" plans don't always work out.

Love to see Madrox, as well! 
Back to Top profile | search | www

Jason Ladwig
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 April 2021 at 6:50am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Cant the story get better? Can you weave more old with new? Is it possible? Is it the 80s again and I'm a kid loving the X-Men? Don't pinch me, let my dream continue!

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 April 2021 at 6:56am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

I like the flashback to Erik the Red. There are lots of places outside of the JBF to speculate and still no value in figuring out where the story is taking us before the story unfolds.

Jeffrey Rice
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 April 2021 at 7:17am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I never liked the visuals of Erik the Red, but JB sure manages to make him look good, even for a flashback panel. Making a character look good while staying on spec with the costume is a superpower!

<< Prev Page of 53 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |