Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Fan Fic MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Fan Fic << Prev Page of 32 Next >>
Topic: X-MEN.ELSEWHEN.06--Comments Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 22 November 2019 at 7:33am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Well, I was expecting to be gone all day for jury selection, but I got to the courthouse and it was canceled. I thought they were supposed to call/text. Ah, well!
Back to Top profile | search

Richard Palmgren
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 November 2019 at 8:00am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Been there and I feel your pain!  As a teacher, I've been lucky enough to use that fact to push Jury Duty to Summers, so it was extra annoying to find it cancelled on a day I could've slept late!

Vinny Valenti
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 November 2019 at 9:26am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

"It's nice to see the X-Men interacting with the rest of the Marvel universe, something that was killed off around the time of the first Secret Wars series."

--

The thought occurred to me several pages back that JB's going to get to show the first meeting between the New X-Men and the FF/Avengers relative to this timeline! They hadn't yet met as far as I know in real-time publication at this point.

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 22 November 2019 at 10:00am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Quite right, Vinny, tho it’s in the middle of a prolonged battle, so there’s not much time for chit chat!

(Now I’m remembering those who complained when I had Ororo appear in HIDDEN YEARS. Why wasn’t this prior meeting mentioned in GSXM 1?? Again, major battle. Plenty of time to catch up on the flight home, tho!)

Tony Moretti
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 November 2019 at 10:01am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Well, I was expecting to be gone all day for jury selection, but I got to the courthouse and it was canceled. I thought they were supposed to call/text. Ah, well!
--------------------
I was called in once at the local level, and they kept us all there until noon only to be told by the bailiff, that the judge called in sick. Oh well indeed.

Richard Palmgren
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 November 2019 at 10:53am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Now I’m remembering those who complained when I had Ororo appear in HIDDEN YEARS. Why wasn’t this prior meeting mentioned in GSXM 1?? Again, major battle. Plenty of time to catch up on the flight home, tho!)
---------------

It was quite the opposite for me.  I was like, "Oh wow, I wonder what other meetings could've happened previously 'off camera' before GSXM"  and that's what made Hidden Years so cool (besides, of course the fantastic art and seeing the original team together again)

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 22 November 2019 at 11:18am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Each time I’ve been called, I’ve been released for one reason or another. (Wearing my Spider-Man costume...) But it still costs me a day.

Michael Genitempo
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 November 2019 at 8:16am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Did you tell them you fight crime in your own way? 😁

Peter Hicks
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 November 2019 at 6:14pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

John - I just want to say thank you for doing this project, and posting it where all of your fans can see it.  It's a shame that you and Marvel could not come to terms to publish this but it's all their loss.  WE ARE LOVING IT!!!!!

Michael Genitempo
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 November 2019 at 9:10am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

John - I just want to say thank you for doing this project, and posting it where all of your fans can see it.

>>>

Even my wife (who is also a geek but not so much with comics, although she has read X-men) thinks John is being very generous with free comics for us. 

This was in response to me mentioning us having to wait for 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 plot points to proceed on occasion LOL

She also thought the latest Jean page was somewhat "creepy" LOL

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 25 November 2019 at 9:26am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

...the latest Jean page was somewhat “creepy”...

•••

My job here is done.

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 25 November 2019 at 9:36am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I should forewarn you all:

Turning issue 6 into the second half of my Magneto story, instead of having that part be several issues down the road, has led to some major shuffling of pages to get things properly sorted out. And that includes drawing almost a dozen new page—which is happening right now. (Drew page 4 of issue 7 this morning, for instance.)*

What this means is I may have to suspend posting for a week or two once this issue reaches its climax. Don’t want the find myself drawing a new page and posting it the same day!

It will all come down to how many pages I get done this week, ie if nothing disrupts my page-a-day schedule.

So wish me luck!

—————

* A wee “tribute” to Dave, as you’ll see........

<< Prev Page of 32 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |