Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Fan Fic MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Fan Fic << Prev Page of 69 Next >>
Topic: X-MEN.ELSEWHEN.19--Comments Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 11 February 2021 at 6:39am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

…I am again left wondering how on Earth our heroes can hope to prevail.

••

Full disclosure: at this point in the storytelling, I had no idea myself!!

Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 11 February 2021 at 6:43am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I'm reminded of something I read years ago. There used to be a radio serial called JACK ARMSTRONG, ALL AMERICAN BOY. It had two writers, who would alternate scripting episodes. They got into the habit of putting Jack in worse and worse cliffhanger endings, challenging each other to find ways to get him out of these traps.

As the story goes, eventually it got to a point that episodes would sometimes begin with the announcer saying something like "Later, after Jack escaped from the snake pit. . . "

Steven Queen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 February 2021 at 7:06am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Back in the days after JB left for FF, and we saw our beloved X-men comic flounder and die (artistically, I am not talking about sales)---who here wouldn't have emptied their bank account to have a story like this?

...and free to boot!

Many thanks, Mr. Byrne! I love today's page (...enjoying evil Marvel Girl's costume too).

Andrew Bitner
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 February 2021 at 7:51am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Scott and Jean are probably outmatched, facing Magneto, evil Cyclops, (presumably) evil Jean and evil Angel. Not a good situation at all.

But I have faith that our heroes will triumph. Either that or JB is going to start giving us the adventures of Magneto's band of mutants!

Andrew Bitner
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 February 2021 at 7:52am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

deleted- I don't want to speculate

Edited by Andrew Bitner on 11 February 2021 at 7:52am

Michael Genitempo
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 February 2021 at 7:56am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Oh boy -I'm sensing a rather "depressing" cliffhanger tomorrow (for our heroes at least)!

While I think the pencils would not really benefit from anything less than the most faithful inker, I do admit that I wouldn't mind seeing some of these pages colored, if just for the lush backgrounds...

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 February 2021 at 7:56am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I am certainly excited to see how this fight plays out. I have always liked how JB pairs up teams against each other and this should be lots of fun. I think it would be selfish to expect an 11 page battle for the rest of the issue, but one can hope. =)

JB, I know this story was added to Elsewhen unexpectedly and that might have contributed to getting the heroes into a corner and THEN figuring out how to resolve the danger, but do you have any other stories to share from your career where you were well into an idea being fleshed out on the page before you figured out how to resolve it? Thanks in advance.

Wallace Sellars
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 February 2021 at 8:07am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Thinking about which Avengers team the Mutants defeated - and how they did so - is a pleasant distraction.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Mark McKay
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 February 2021 at 8:21am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

I've already thought of several ways our heroes might defeat some of these villains. It will be interesting to see if any of my guesses prove true.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Jim Petersman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 February 2021 at 8:55am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

There's something about Jean's hair in the first panel that just suggests a fiery redhead to me. And I, of course, absolutely love the panel of Scott taking M-Scott's blast (artistically, not narratively)!

If I lived in the Marvel universe, I'd keep an eye on the female superheroes. If they ever show their bellybuttons, you know they've gone bad.

There's a possibility here that I won't mention, but I'm noting it so that I can come back around to asking about it when appropriate.

As the story goes, eventually it got to a point that episodes would sometimes begin with the announcer saying something like "Later, after Jack escaped from the snake pit. . . "  Just wait until Colossus drags the team out into the woods and points through the fourth wall. Xavier: "So I hear it's super easy for you to heal legs..."

As always, thanks for a great start to the day, JB!

Michael Arndt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 February 2021 at 9:22am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Wallace, I had the same thought. 

Great issue, JB. 

Always fun to see Cyclops and Jean in action. 
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 February 2021 at 9:49am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Steven Q: "or The People's Front of Judea :P "

F***ing splitters.

-------------------------------------

Incidentally, I seem to recall that Alex and Scott Summers were pretty much immune to each others powers (directly... if either were on a bridge and the other blasted it away, he would fall.)

I wonder if that applies to Scott's own power. Evil Cyclops could be charging him up, without knowing (or Alex Summers is one of the M-Men and Scott knows already.)

Edited by Eric Sofer on 11 February 2021 at 9:53am

<< Prev Page of 69 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |