Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 19 Next >>
Topic: Trump Shot…..At Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 August 2024 at 2:17pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I understood the temperature of the room when I posted my support for RFK Jr.  I knew it would not resonate with most here (including our host), but I did it anyway for the lurkers who might be on the fence about him and needed a nudge of support. 

Whether you like him or not, I believe it's fairly clear the two party system is not currently working in the best interest of the governed.  It's our vote, and no one should limit our choice on how to use it and/or stuff limpid, insubstantial candidates down our throats.  Is it at all surprising that the two parties jealously guard their privileged position against all potential newcomers?  "Our democracy" indeed!

The US presidential election is the highest-stakes game in the entire world.  Folks have been killed over insurance money. Considering the trillions that pour out of the federal government---all manner of dirty tricks are in play.

Despite this, we are not made to be slaves.  Cracks in the power-structure are inevitable. Populist candidates are the people's sole civil feedback mechanism on the ruling elite, however imperfect it may be.

I've been following Kennedy's candidacy closely for the past year and none of the replies in this thread are things I haven't already read about and considered.  Citizen journalist Anna Matson has a website now dedicated to "debunking" (a word I dislike due to abuse/overuse) much of what has been thrown his way.  I've been watching long enough myself to catch the MSM in several of its lies (chiefly of omission).

Kennedy is the only politician that has ever truly resonated with me in my lifetime.  The only one.  It would be a far too onerous a task to attempt any sort of rebuttal here, and likely be very unappreciated by Mr. Byrne.  I don't want to be a rude guest, so I'll post just this one link for those interested in learning about him and say no more on the matter.  Hopefully that doesn't offend.

Edited by Steven Queen on 08 August 2024 at 2:19pm
Back to Top profile | search

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 August 2024 at 2:33pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

@Steve: I'd certainly appreciate it if you posted a few specific reasons why you like RFK2.  Most of what I've seen in support of him seems to be a variation of the above (distrust of the two party system and the institutions that support it).  But since you're clearly a fan of his, can you list a few policy positions you support?
Back to Top profile | search | www

Steven Queen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 August 2024 at 2:56pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I can, but respectfully shouldn't do that here.  Is there some mechanism on-line I can send you a direct-message or email?

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 August 2024 at 3:14pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

@Steve: I'm going to just as respectfully decline that, though thanks for the offer.

Steven Queen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 August 2024 at 3:16pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Totally understand. Cheers.

Edited by Steven Queen on 08 August 2024 at 3:17pm

Steven Queen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 August 2024 at 2:42pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

@DaveKopperman:  A succinct summary of his platform here.  It is however the long-form interviews where he really shines.  Smart guy.

Edited by Steven Queen on 15 August 2024 at 2:43pm

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 August 2024 at 3:02pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Steve: thanks, I'm aware of his platform.  What I've been hoping to get from any avowed RFKjr. supporters is a statement in their own words as to what policy positions they support or what they'd hope for from an RFKjr. administration.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 August 2024 at 7:31pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Haha. So now Kennedy has approached both campaigns and offered his
endorsement in exchange for a position within their administrations if
elected.

Darren Ashmore
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 August 2024 at 9:38pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Brian, maybe he'll be offered Secretary of Animal
Welfare 😊

Steven Queen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 August 2024 at 12:09pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

QUOTE:
So now Kennedy has approached both campaigns and offered his
endorsement in exchange for a position within their administrations if
elected.

@Brian:

Nicole Shanahan: "Confirming: We are NOT in talks with Harris. Speaking personally, they are a lost cause. Literally.".  

Kennedy: “Yeah that’s fake news. I didn’t ask Kamala Harris for a cabinet position.”

One must be careful. The Washington Post is compromised.  You are being lied to repeatedly, and it's clearly not by accident.

@Dave:  I relent.  Hopefully Mr. Byrne allows it.  

Here's a half-dozen of RFK Jr's talking-points off the top of my head that resonate with me.  Most importantly, he's got all the little details at the tip of his tongue if you listen to him in long-form podcasts.  He is 100x sharper and better informed than either of the other two candidates, in my opinion. He's gotten over 1 million signatures to get on the ballot in all 50 states (despite the Dems suing him repeatedly to kick him off).  He has almost 50% of the under 35 vote per Zogby poll with 0.5% error margins.  He can win if he could just break through to the boomers, but the MSM won't allow it (e.g. excluded from debates & presidential commission rules by-passed for the first time since the early 80s!).

1) reign in federal debt (now increasing $1 trillion/100 days) before servicing debt swamps all other budget items.  He plans to reduce military spending to peak cold-war levels adjusted in 2024 dollars or roughly $500 billion.  We have over 800 overseas bases (china+russia have ~3 combined).  End forever wars and stop attempting to be a global empire.  Also, move away from fiat-currency controlled by the Fed Reserve money-printing machine via bitcoin and move the federal budget onto blockchain for transparency.  The notion of the US creating a large bitcoin reserve is actually the only solution to the $32T debt I've hear (other than letting the economy eat it via hyperinflation) and its rather brilliant, because once the world see the US move in that direction, it will drive the cost of bitcoin up and begin reducing our debt.  The age of soft money has played out.  An informative series of videos (8) on global economics: this.

2) break the CIA apart in counter-intelligence and operations division so that an independent assessment of operations (and specifically unintended blow-back) can be made.  Stop doing dirty tricks abroad and restore our moral authority.  Reverse the 2015 law that allowed the CIA to now do domestic propaganda and surveillance.  Break up the deep-state stranglehold on governance and specifically foreign policy.  His father believed the CIA was involved in his uncle's assassination.  I believe he has a personal axe to grind (WHICH IS GREAT!) against the intelligence agencies.

3) end the forever wars (Iraq->Afghanistan->Ukraine->Iran?), stop feeding the military-industrial complex, and restore our morale authority around the world.  Like JFK with the Peace Corp, he wants the world to think of something other than a soldier when they think of "Americans".

4) use fed resources to find the root causes of chronic disease (solely!) in the US.  Huge spike started in 1991 (per EPA report), but we don't know why.  Remove the incentive from the 80's for NIH to be a phrama drug factory by undoing the executive order that allows NIH employees to financial benefit from patents & refocus the agency on determining why the US has many times the chronic disease number (food allergies etc.) of Europe and even the 3rd world.  I have come to believe a large portion of the US food supply has been subtly poisoned.  Big pharma is also 75% of the ad revenue to mainstream news.  We are one of only 2 Western countries (with New Zealand) that allows drugs to be advertised---that started (on TV) in the 80s.

5) A strong environmental champion and a focus on regenerative farming techniques.  No one else is talking about this.

6) Being the constitutional amendment process in the states to overturn Citizen's United and get dark money out of politics.  Makes a great analogy between the Guilded Age robber barons and the law passed in 1909 to prevent their political influence by capping donations --- effectively overturned precisely 100 years later by CU in 2009.

7) Specific plan to break up equity firms rising strangle-hold on the housing market by low-interest loans available solely to single-family first-time home buyers.  Home equity is the spring board to small business grow, since that is often the collateral for start-up loans.  Restoring the middle-class is a top objective of his.

8) Constitutionalist:  Having been censored/de-platformed by Biden admin within 58 hours of their administration's taking office, he is unwavering on his defense for free speech and against regime censorship.  Did you realize we are the ONLY country in the world with a free speech constitutional right.  Not a single "free" state in Europe!  Free speech is the bedrock of all other rights.  A free and open internet was thought to be an asset by our State Dept. and a hallmark of the West --- until 2016 when populism became the newly perceived enemy-within (e.g. Brexit/Trump).  Mike Benz has studied the rise of western internet censorship.  Look him up. See also Kennedy vs. Biden (Missouri) lawsuit. Also Twiitter-gate 1.0 and 2.0.

Kennedy is plugged in and on the leading-edge of these and other issues --- ahead of the Overton window and therefore often painted as a crack-pot by the (snarky) uninformed who hate being caught with their pants down.

Edited by Steven Queen on 16 August 2024 at 12:47pm

Mark Haslett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 August 2024 at 5:29pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Steve, it’s true that when a politician says it’s “fake news” you are probably
being lied to— but it’s most likely the politician who is lying.

Jason Czeskleba
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 August 2024 at 7:05pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Steven Queen wrote:
He has almost 50% of the under 35 vote per Zogby poll with 0.5% error margins.

The only Zogby poll I can find is the one trumpeted on Kennedy's website, which was commissioned by the Kennedy campaign and dates from April 2024.  That one claims to have a .6 margin of error, but as this analysis points out that is an inaccurate presentation of the results.

Regardless, there is a reason people who are serious about polling look to averages rather than focusing on any one poll.  There are always outlier polls, and it is foolish to latch onto one that is favorable to your views and assume it is correct and all the others are wrong.  Generally, outlier polls are less accurate, particularly when constant polling is being done and the outlier result is not replicated in future polls. 

More importantly though: the election has shifted substantially since April.  At the time this poll was done, Kennedy was averaging about 10% in poll aggregators.  At present, he is averaging about 5%.  Given he has lost about half his support in poll averages, it stands to reason we'd see a similar shift if Zogby repeated the exact same poll now with the exact same methodology.  The obvious reason for his decrease in support is the withdrawal of Biden, since most of the Democratic voters who favored Kennedy did so because of concerns about Biden's age, which is now no longer a factor.  I also suspect that as people have learned more about Kennedy (his dangerous crackpot vaccine views, his bizarre behavior with the dead bear) that has negatively impacted his support.

As noted, Kennedy is currently polling about 5% nationally in poll averages.  He cannot win.  Voting for him is a wasted vote, and if you live in a swing state, it is a choice to pass up influencing policy when you have a chance to do so.

<< Prev Page of 19 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |