Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 17 Next >>
Topic: Trump Shot…..At Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 17 July 2024 at 11:17am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

…any talk of it being staged is Alex Jones level conspiracy thinking…

•••

Hardly. It’s a perfectly natural reaction, given the miasma of deception and lies that continues to surround Trumf.

Back to Top profile | search

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 July 2024 at 11:42am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Still waiting for the the official hospital report on how serious the injury was
and why the bigly, tampon-like bandage he’s sporting is necessary.
Funny how he didn’t need the bandage when he played golf the day after
the injury, but he did two days after at the convention.

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 July 2024 at 12:12pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

…any talk of it being staged is Alex Jones level conspiracy thinking…
•••

Hardly. It’s a perfectly natural reaction, given the miasma of deception and lies that continues to surround Trumf.

There have been questions raised as to why there were 2 agents on one roof nearby (usually it's one agent), but none on the roof where the shooter was...

Also, there's been numerous videos shown that people were yelling and pointing the guy out a minute or 2 before any shot was fired.

At the very least, there was a security breakdown, but I can easily see why some want to think there's a conspiracy.  It certainly doesn't help when you see closeup pictures post-shooting of his ear. There's a lot of blood, but no apparent damage.

You'll need to scroll down to picture #7 to get a good closeup:  LINK  Lots of blood, but no apparent damage.

Regardless, for a near "assassination attempt", it's not dominating the news cycle as much as you'd think.

Michael Casselman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 July 2024 at 12:31pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Well, when the primary target walks away with only a bloodied ear, the media gets easily bored. The convention in Milwaukee also stole a lot of the attention away from the assassination attempt. 
This early in the investigation, they're still digging into the shooters background. I think the media is trying to steer away from 'glamorizing the shooter' (as has been accused in past shootings... although I said to my wife on Saturday that we'll know the guy's middle name by morning... which was obviously a safe bet), we've only had the trickle of interviews from classmates, the clueless guidance counselor, and the 'he was always a quiet kid' neighbors. 
Based on what I've heard so far, I'm sure we'll have the National Conversation again about school bullying and mental health.... and then promptly forget it. 
The media seems to be maintaining a respectful distance from the other victims and their families, which I do find odd. 

Edited by Michael Casselman on 17 July 2024 at 12:32pm

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 17 July 2024 at 1:30pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

If it is a conspiracy, it’s exactly the kind of incompetent conspiracy I would expect from Trumf and his clowns.

Jim Burdo
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 July 2024 at 2:08pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Any conspiracy would have to involve the Biden-run Secret Service, whose head was pushed by Jill Biden. She claims they didn't put anyone on the roof where the shooter was because it was sloped, even though there were Secret Service agents on a roof even more sloped. Resources were pulled from trump's security detail for a Jill Biden event, despite credible reports of an Iranian plot against him. 26 minutes before the shooting, the Secret Service became aware of the shooter, seeing him take out a range finder and even taking a picture of him.

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 17 July 2024 at 2:47pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Biden doesn’t “run” the Secret Service.

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 July 2024 at 3:04pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

The same “SS” (ahem) that deleted their texts after Jan 6?  

We are talking about people who can make a conscious decision to be loyal WAY beyond what is required and play along in order to be part of something bigger.

In less than 10 years virtually the entire GOP is now slavishly dedicated to one man.  How on earth did that happen?  

Casey Sager
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 July 2024 at 4:14pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

David - What amazes me is that allegedly behind the scenes most Republicans in congress know he's an idiot. They had the perfect opportunity to be rid of him after what happened on Jan 6th.

His base terrifies the rest of them into subservience for fear of being "primaried".  

I don't like Trump, but I loathe his supporters, he just gives their hate grievances a voice and they LOVE it.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Casey Sager
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 July 2024 at 4:16pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

JB - I'm constantly amazed at how many Americans have no clue how the US government works and absolutely thinks the POTUS controlls everything from inflation, the price of gas etc.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 17 July 2024 at 4:34pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

I’m reminded of Trumf’s first few days in office he White House, when he delighted in being photographed signing a whole bunch of Presidential Orders, most of which were aimed at dismantling everything Obama had set in place.

They were pretty much ineffective, and a few commentators noted that Constitutionally they were really more Presidential Suggestions, carrying no real weight.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 July 2024 at 4:50pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I don't like Trump, but I loathe his supporters, he just gives their hate grievances a voice and they LOVE it.

That sums it up perfectly.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

<< Prev Page of 17 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |