Posted: 24 August 2024 at 11:55pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

The Republicans’ commitment to driving trans people to suicide is
sickening.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 25 August 2024 at 12:12am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Couldn’t agree more, David.  In a party that holds themselves up as the “moral standard” to which we all must bend the knee, it sure is chock full of adulterers and those with questionable at best views on morality as it pertains to their own lives.  
Back to Top profile | search

Ben Stamer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2024 at 2:22am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Telling the truth isn't driving people to suicide and it's deeply malicious to say so. The truth is there are tons of comorbidities with such people and they are getting treating wrongly with barbaric bodily harm from chemicals and surgery that is medical malpractice. If you go to the doctor and tell the doctor that you'd feel better if you'd have a procedure cutting off your healthy legs, it would be malpractice to agree to the consenting person because it does physical harm to someone who needs mental help instead.

Edited by Ben Stamer on 25 August 2024 at 2:52am

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 25 August 2024 at 2:30am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Wow.  That’s an extreme analogy not even close to the actual situation.  But leave it to a Republican-in-an-Independent’s-sheep’s clothing to go the extra mile.  Bravo, Ben!  Good on ya, dude!  

Countdown to “conversion therapy” in three…two…one…

Casey Sager
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2024 at 3:00am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Sex change operations have been happening in the USA since 1966.

No clue why the R's have made this one of their core issues. Maybe it's because gay marriage is legal so they can't go after that and they were able to get Roe V Wade overturned so this is their new bugaboo.

Sometimes when I look back I wonder why I ever was a republican ( now a registered Democrat ).
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Mark Haslett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2024 at 3:17am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Ben: Harris proposed gun confiscation and eliminating private healthcare
when she ran in the primaries.

A misrepresentation, followed by context which proves that it is no longer
even remotely possible or relevant.

And yet, this is one of the reasons you want to put a felon in the White
House. Because of a lie told in the context of a past that no longer exists?

Why doesn’t this torturous logic make you realize how wrong you are?

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2024 at 3:20am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Mandatory sex changes for everyone is obviously the Democratic endgame - if only we could have stopped them before they banned plastic drinking straws we could have saved our once-great nation.
Back to Top profile | search | www

John Wickett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2024 at 3:40am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Not going to jump on board with Ben on most of those things, but he is right about health insurance and price controls.  At the June 27, 2019 debate, Harris and Sanders were the two Democratic candidates who raised their hands, saying they would "abolish private health insurance companies in favor of a government run plan."  Harris has taken this position on multiple occasions.  Are you saying she's now changed?  Where's the evidence of that?

"Working within the framework of private healthcare, they passed a major law to make sure more people had healthcare coverage, and that everyone’s healthcare coverage would be better."

This is fantasy.  I am a small business owner.  Obamacare more than doubled the cost of my premiums for policies that have higher deductibles and less coverage, and costs continued to rise under Trump and Biden.

I have to buy an HMO because radio frequency ablations are the only way to control my wife's back pain.  Last year a Silver Tier plan on the Exchange cost me $20,076.00- almost a quarter of my income (for myself, my spouse, and a 13 year old child) through AmBetter, which is the lowest rated of three carriers on the Exchange.  And thats after the tax credit!  Before Obamacare it was around $10K for a platinum level plan with Cigna.  Now that plan would cost in excess of $24K per year and is not even available in our state.

And here she is proposing price controls on groceries, in misguided attempt to fight inflation:

https://www.wsj.com/opinion/kamala-harris-price-control-delu sion-consumers-still-end-up-paying-2024-election-045fb8e6

Edited by John Wickett on 25 August 2024 at 3:42am

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 25 August 2024 at 5:23am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

As someone who recently had to sub to insurance via Affordable Care (let’s call it what it is and stop calling it “ObamaCare”) over the last year, I agree.  It’s fairly awful.  It’s not sunshine and roses nor is it cheap and affordable. It’s expensive, just not as expensive as private.  That said?  It’s a step the Republicans don’t even want to take.  They would LOVE to bring back preexisting conditions as a reason to increase rates or deny entirely and, really, don’t care that a vast majority don’t have coverage at all.  

The Affordable Care Act ain’t great. True.  I learned that first hand. It’s not a Panacea.  But it’s better than what was available to me previous to Obama, especially its protections.  To just say “let’s go back to the way it was” is shortsighted at best and purposefully being obtuse at worst.  

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 25 August 2024 at 5:25am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Ah, and a link to a Wall Street Journal Op Ed.  Ooooh!  Classic!  You “got us”, John.  Good on ya!  

Mark Haslett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2024 at 7:20am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

JW: Are you saying she's now changed? Where's the evidence of that?

The evidence is the party platform. The evidence is history— politicians do
not faithfully marry every position they ever espouse.

The evidence is the fact that she is now the voice for a strong, lethal
military, a large role in international leadership, that she has clearly
embraced a centrist coalition to defeat Trump and will not have that support
if she dodges extreme left on some hidden agenda.

The evidence is that reality is out here in the daylight and pays no reference
to the boogeymen and nightmares of frightened right-wingers. Just
because the GoP is a hive of poisonous snakes propping up a moral
vacuum/drug addicted rapist for President doesn’t mean Harris is also a
chaos agent. Sometimes people can believe their eyes.

Casey Sager
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2024 at 7:33am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I don't understand why some people are against universal healthcare. If it's good enough for other civilized countries, why not the USA?

Oh, I know, it's the people who only think of themselves and can't fathom paying into a system that would help everyone.

The same people that are against taxing corporations fairly, rasing the taxable cap on SS etc.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

<< Prev Page of 31 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |