Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 32 Next >>
Topic: Kamala Harris Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 August 2024 at 9:49pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Even if Trump declines, Harris should show up and answer questions.

And Trump has backed himself in to a corner. If he does skip the debate he'll be mocked for being a coward; if he goes, Harris will mop the floor with him, and he'll be ridiculed as an idiot.

No wonder he's breaking down even more.
Back to Top profile | search

Jason Czeskleba
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 August 2024 at 12:10am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Trump will not decline the debates.  It's an opportunity for attention, and he will never turn that down.

Harris may "mop the floor with him" in terms of rational content, but we saw Hillary Clinton do that twice already, eight years ago.  And Trump's swaggering, blustery loudmouth behavior made many perceive him as the "winner" anyway.  That's why I think it will be a big mistake if Harris succeeds in having live mics the entire debate. 

Mark Haslett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 August 2024 at 2:43am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Clinton has a thoroughly inauthentic presence on stage and was not prepared for the loud-mouth felon's off-the-leash schtick.

Harris is thoroughly authentic on stage, has a stronger natural wit and ability with words, and has a long history of dealing with felons in person.

Plus, she saw the Clinton/Trump follies like everyone else. Only Trump's cult following perceived him as "winning" the debates. Trump's "win" against Biden was mostly because the muted mic made him seem loud when he spoke and controlled/calm when we couldn't hear him. In truth, he was never controlled-- it was the muted mic that created that impression.

Harris knows that uncut Trump is like nails on a chalkboard to rational/persuadable people-- especially now, 8 years into his endless whining.

Jason Czeskleba
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 August 2024 at 3:12am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I think Trump's "win" against Biden was because he was able to say whatever he wanted and Biden wasn't able to effectively muster fact-based counter-arguments, so Trump's statements largely went unchallenged.  And because Biden looked feeble and confused, while Trump looked confident. 

As I said above, I'm afraid Harris will appear strident if she's put in a position of having to talk over Trump or shout him down, which is pretty much guaranteed with a constantly live mic.  But I hope you are right and I'm wrong, Mark.

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 August 2024 at 9:32am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Harris may "mop the floor with him" in terms of rational content, but we saw Hillary Clinton do that twice already, eight years ago.

No we didn't and Mark Haslett pointed it out already.  Clinton may have "won" in the respect that she was definitely more on top of the issues, but lost because, even against trump, she came across as pompous.  She still does, but it's been less prevalent. 

As has been proven so far with her, and this goes all the way back and not just this current election, she won't get flustered. She's been heckled a few times already when out campaigning, one time she spoke louder to interrupt the interrupter by saying, "I'm talking now." She said it firmly and with no apparent anger.

The woman has stood up in court dozens of times.  For her, this is just a bigger court and she making her case.

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 August 2024 at 11:46am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

For anyone saying it comes down to policy details, this might be of note:

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 August 2024 at 11:48am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Personally I find it a hilarious notion that Trump will combat inflation by making imports more expensive.

*Added to add -- though it won't actually be funny if it comes to be.

Edited by Peter Martin on 28 August 2024 at 11:50am

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 28 August 2024 at 12:14pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Trump goes to Arlington.

He shows nothing but contempt for people who have died for this country, but he has no qualms about using their graves for a photo opp.

ron bailey
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 August 2024 at 12:25pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

That's his political super power. When you aren't hindered by shame, you can do and say anything and not be held back the least bit by having to answer to or account for any of it. 
He's the only public figure I have ever heard knowingly contradict himself in mid-sentence and feel no need to self-correct.

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 28 August 2024 at 12:40pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

He won’t correct himself because he won’t acknowledge error. Instead he leans into it.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 August 2024 at 1:32pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Trump goes to Arlington.

He shows nothing but contempt for people who have died for this country, but he has no qualms about using their graves for a photo opp.

Arlington National Cemetery officials say Trump campaign staff verbally abused and pushed aside cemetery official who objected to filming and photography at gravesites. LINK

Disgusting.

-C!

Back to Top profile | search | www

James Johnson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 August 2024 at 9:00pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Trump once again shits all over the veterans (living or dead) for his personal gain/enjoyment because none of the leaders in his "party" and his supporters don't give a crap.

Fuck him and his supporters!

<< Prev Page of 32 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |