Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 31 Next >>
Topic: Kamala Harris Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 September 2024 at 7:31pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

During the debate, I received this from our 4-legged furry friends......

Back to Top profile | search

Robert Bradley
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 September 2024 at 8:41pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Which goes to the point: Why are they kissing his ass so much?

He hates the same things they hate.  They don't have to align with him on everything, but when they feel that strongly about "right to bear arms" or  "murdering babies" or "illegals" they will set their logic aside and hitch their wagon to whoever agrees with them on their hot button issue.

It doesn't matter what the facts say, or what reality is, they find comfort in having someone tell them what they want to hear, and that their darkest inner thoughts are shared by others so they aren't really that bad.

Truth be damned.

Back to Top profile | search | www

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 September 2024 at 9:20pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Trump, & the rest of his ilk, have managed to convince people that earn no
where near the amount of money that certain policies require you to earn,
that such policies will affect them.
These policies are an outrage.
& they fall for it, time & time again.

Turkeys voting for Christmas
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Peter Hicks
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 September 2024 at 9:53pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

CNN pointed out today that Trump has had a concept of a plan that was soon to be announced for healthcare ever since 2016.

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 11 September 2024 at 10:03pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

2016 is key. Everything reminds me of then. The Left is dismissively sure of their savior, the Right of theirs.

We know what happened……

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 September 2024 at 3:06am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I don't want to go back to four more years of waking up every day, hoping he didn't. 

Especially since Vance comes off as the last person who should be VP, let alone POTUS.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Athanasios Kollias
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 September 2024 at 3:52am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Looking at some fact checkers online after the debate left me staggered by how much they twist, bend and outright change reality to fit their narrative.
And as a citizen of another country, I have to say this tactic has definitely found its way abroad.
One would think with all the technological advancement and the info available, politicians would be discouraged to provide false facts, but the opposite has happened...  

Rodrigo castellanos
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 September 2024 at 4:35am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

2016 is key.

I keep going back to that year, when something in the time space continuum broke and we entered the darkest timeline.

I woke up restless at 4AM on election night because I had a bad feeling (when I went to bed the outcome was uncertain but hey, surely he couldn't actually win), refreshed the CNN website on my laptop and just stared at the screen for probably half an hour.

My then girlfriend woke up and asked what was wrong. 

"Trump won", I said.

She said something along the lines of: "Well, it's always the same anyways. Don't worry about it" but I said: "No, this changes everything."

I know it may sound ridiculous worrying about an election in a country that isn't even your own, but US politics tend to dictate the rest.

No Trump would've meant no Bolsonaro, no Milei, no Brexit. 

The gate was now open. It's impossible to underestimate the global impact of that one night.

It doesn't matter what the facts say, or what reality is, they find comfort in having someone tell them what they want to hear, and that their darkest inner thoughts are shared by others so they aren't really that bad.

Exactly, the psychological effect his "kind" of politicians have in a very large segment of the population goes beyond rationality and even self interest.

It largely exceeds Trump himself and, although I don't think he's dumb by any means, he himself could never understand it.

There's a lot of darkness in people, and he is their "tool" for revenge at the rest of the world: voting him is getting back at all those people they're annoyed by, don't understand, and blame for their own frustrations.

They hate the "elite" but they vote for the Republican Party, they hate "the rich" but they vote for Trump, they're "Pro America" and vote for Putin's best interests.

They can't be reasoned with. A millionaire say, car dealership owner from middle America thinks he's being oppressed by the blue dyed hair Starbucks barista, and wants to make her life miserable.

Really don't know how to get out of this mess, so really hoping a Kamala win and a Trump getting slowly out of the limelight get it done as he has no evident successor right now.

But that's hope speaking. Sorry for the rant, ha.

Richard Stevens
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 September 2024 at 11:26am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

You may not live here, but you get it more than most who do.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 September 2024 at 12:30pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

The best thing Harris did during the debate is baiting him and allowing him to just talk.  With no notes or teleprompter, he just rambled and rambled and rambled.

For those who will still vote for him, you've got some issues.

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 12 September 2024 at 12:47pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

For those who will still vote for him, you've got some issues.

•••

Of course they do! And those issues go far beyond their Orange Messiah.

As I’ve said before, Trumf is in many ways Obama’s real legacy. If we hadn’t had eight years of a Black man in the Oval Office, Trumf would not have found anything like the support he did. Half this Nation is driven by irrational White fear, and much of that is now directed at Harris.

Vinny Valenti
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 September 2024 at 1:13pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

We live in New Jersey, but we also have a vacation home in PA no more than 15 minutes from both NY and NJ. I wish it were easy/legal to switch my residence to PA so my vote could actually have some weight.

<< Prev Page of 31 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |