Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum Page of 3 Next >>
Topic: Absolute Man Of Steel in 2026... Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Message
Rod Collins
Byrne Robotics Member


Joined: 16 April 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 939
Posted: 02 August 2025 at 1:26am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

John Byrne’s SUPERMAN: MAN OF STEEL to Get Absolute Edition | 13th Dimension, Comics, Creators, Culture
Back to Top profile | search
 
David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member


Joined: 16 April 2004
Posts: 3256
Posted: 02 August 2025 at 2:19am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

From the article:

 QUOTE:
I'm surprised it took DC this long to give this the fancy Absolute treatment.

Seconded.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail
 
Ted Downum
Byrne Robotics Member


Joined: 21 April 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 2468
Posted: 02 August 2025 at 1:19pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Most excellent! 
Back to Top profile | search
 
John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Joined: 11 May 2005
Posts: 137174
Posted: 02 August 2025 at 2:04pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

As many of you know I have no really fond memories of my time with Superman. It’s a portion of my career I’d prefer to forget—and I wish everyone else would, too.

So, as always I appreciate the free money, but really wish it was coming from another source.

Back to Top profile | search
 
Trevor Smith
Byrne Robotics Member


Joined: 21 September 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 3705
Posted: 02 August 2025 at 2:15pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

It just breaks me to hear that. Getting to work on
Superman (and not just "work on" but re-shape,
rehabilitate, whatever one would call it) *should* be a
source of incredible professional joy.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail
 
Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member


Joined: 28 July 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 32272
Posted: 02 August 2025 at 2:28pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

And you made the “S” look cooler than it ever had before.
Back to Top profile | search
 
Brian Hughes
Byrne Robotics Member


Joined: 15 June 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 459
Posted: 02 August 2025 at 4:44pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I gotta say JB, I find your Generations work with Superman to be some of my favorite.  I hope that isn't also a part of what you want to forget.

And I am still waiting on an OMAC Absolute edition.

Any word?
Back to Top profile | search
 
John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Joined: 11 May 2005
Posts: 137174
Posted: 02 August 2025 at 5:16pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

GENERATIONS is a separate entity. Far fewer lies to be dealt with.

And, no, no word on OMAC.

Back to Top profile | search
 
John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Joined: 11 May 2005
Posts: 137174
Posted: 02 August 2025 at 7:37pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Hmm. With so much of my stuff coming out so close together, I wonder if any knuckleheads will say it looks “rushed”?
Back to Top profile | search
 
James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member


Joined: 21 September 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 8692
Posted: 02 August 2025 at 9:32pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I finally read GENERATIONS last year. What a masterpiece those three
volume are. Loved every bit of them.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail
 
John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Joined: 11 May 2005
Posts: 137174
Posted: 03 August 2025 at 9:28pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Thanks.

Some years ago I tore up some of my comp copies of all three GENERATIONS and put them together in chronological order. I was pleased to find it worked as well as it did.

Back to Top profile | search
 
James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member


Joined: 21 September 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 8692
Posted: 03 August 2025 at 10:17pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I do keep promising myself a read through like that, but never get around to
it.
I think I will give it a try this summer
Back to Top profile | search e-mail
 

Page of 3 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |

Forum Jump

 Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login

You are currently viewing the MOBILE version of the site.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FULL SITE