Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum
Topic: Big JB interview- OT Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Message
Daniel Gillotte
Byrne Robotics Member


Joined: 11 October 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 2795
Posted: 09 October 2026 at 8:43pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Saw this old interview posted today and thought you all might enjoy it. BIG John Buscema interviewed by Roy Thomas. It's an extremely frank interview with John indicating his feelings about other people inking his work. 

Well, Roy, I'm not a fan of comics.

BUSCEMA: As far as I'm concerned, if I never saw another comic-! The only thing I've saved is a couple of Conan books we worked on, and that's it. I got rid of everything. One of the reasons, which upset me over the years, is that other people were inking my stuff, and that is not my work. I can't look at it. The ones I inked, yes, I keep. Anything with super-heroes, I'm not interested. Only the Conans.


Back to Top profile | search | www
 
John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Joined: 11 May 2005
Posts: 137241
Posted: 09 October 2026 at 11:22pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I’ve asked politely that forum folk use “JB” only for me.
Back to Top profile | search
 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

  Post Reply | Post New Topic |

Forum Jump

 Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login

You are currently viewing the MOBILE version of the site.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FULL SITE