Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 376 Next >>
Topic: Marvel Figurine Collection Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 April 2008 at 5:50am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I regret the poorly choice made for Mc Coy, because I liked the WonderMan - Beast duo. I don't see any already releaded figurine which can be "customized" to be turn into the Beast I like...

IF Eaglemoss had released Mc Coy in his "gorilla" form, I guess I would have put him with the rest of the Avengers ...

Back to Top profile | search

Jason Schulman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 April 2008 at 12:29pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

They could always release a '70s style Beast to go with the Avengers, no? Or is Eaglemoss only releasing one version of each character?

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 21 April 2008 at 1:02pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Select characters are getting special incentive and/or collector releases, Jason.  The Hulk was in wide release as green and as collector release as gray.  Spider-Man had a special pose in his black costume.  Captain Marvel had two different releases based on a change in color scheme for his costume.  Jean was released as both Phoenix and a collector edition Dark Phoenix. Other than that, they've pretty much stuck to a single release for every character.

David Ferguson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 April 2008 at 1:25pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Spider-Man had a special pose in his black costume.

That in itself was a redo of a figurine released as part of a subscription so you are right, Matt, it would be highly unlikely they would release a different type of Beast.

Thomas Moudry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 April 2008 at 7:30pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Just saw a figurine on the Eaglemoss site that I can only guess must be
Havok. Didn't really recognize him. I was hoping for the Neal Adams
costume.

Ryan Maxwell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 April 2008 at 7:53pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Check out page 58, Thomas.  Not for wide release, unfortunately.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Richard Franck
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 April 2008 at 12:12am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Thanks to http://www.comics-heroes.com/

I am really looking forward to owning this one !!! Ouch ! Far far better than Elektra !

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 23 April 2008 at 12:31pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Oh, I thought the Elektra figurine was pretty damned cool...enough so that I bought it even though I don't have a great affection for the character.

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 April 2008 at 11:24pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Most of the specials are where the costume remains the same but the colours differ - Phoenix / Dark Phoenix, Hulk (OK no costume), Angel. This led to the strangest special in my opinion - Captain Marvel. We ended up with 2 Marvels, neither of which was the classic one. The recolor was around for how long exactly in comics?

Real figures that could do with multiple versions - X-Men in original uniforms, additional Beast in blue fur, various versions of Iron Man etc. don't get done due to moulding cost. However, I really wish Eaglemoss would take a look at how many people care about the 'Magazine'. Really, do we care about that? Anyone?

They could always do families as specials which would only require 1 magazine if they are bothered so much by this point. Think of it - an X-Men special, 5 figures, black and yellow costumes. Iron Man, a few armours, 1 magazine. You could probably get away with pricing it at £25 to £30.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Richard Franck
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 April 2008 at 1:58am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Good idea, James ! If EM could release a special Hulk this way, it would be cool : a gray Hulk (first appearance), the "Classic" Green, Mr Fixit, the "clever" Hulk (ala Dale Keown) and the Ultimate version.

I don't think EM could do a special Wasp, Janet is certainly the Marvel character coming with the biggest choice of costumes !

Richard Franck
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 April 2008 at 2:08am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

When Captain America figurine was first released, I found it cool. Now, when I put it next to Hawkeye and Yellow Jacket, it's clear a change of artist occured during the release of the collection (and for the better !).

Over the year, reading comics brought me knowledge of the style of artist so that I can recognize the penciller's style at the first look (like every one else on this forum I think). I can say without reading the cover if it's Miller or Romita or JB, and so on.

My point is : can you classify your figurine by artist ? I am pretty sure it is the same guy who sculpted Thor and Namor. I think it's another one who sculpted Captain America and Iron fist. Another one sculpted Hawkeye and Yellow Jacket. This way, so far, imo I think there are at least 3 artists.

What do you think people ? What is the style you like ? I really like the style of the guy who sculpted Hawkeye.

Richard Franck
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 April 2008 at 8:21am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Well, just count me in for this one. After her, I think I will be done with the Avengers (until I see what Wonderman will look like). Thanks GR !

<< Prev Page of 376 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |