Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 2588 Next >>
Topic: What’s in your sketch book? Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 May 2005 at 6:44pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Teod  just hit your site, nice work. I'd like to see the dogs playing poker animated. Do you have a link?
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Teod Tomlinson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 May 2005 at 5:19am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Thanks Ken. I just went to set up a link, it just is too big, I would need to re-render at a smaller size. The animation is limted as it is a camera move with the boxer type dog's face animating his mouth positions with morph targets.
Back to Top profile | search | www

James Stewart
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 May 2005 at 1:41pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Trevor Giberson wrote:

Jack didn't create Namor.  He did create Captain America, I think.  I don't think he created Iron Man either (I think he just did the cover).

He created The Fly and The Shield (the second one) at Archie comics, see www.mightycrusaders.net

He created The Guardian (and the Newsboy Legion) and about a million other heroes, too.  Look up "Jack Kirby Collector" on google and you'll get tons more, I'm sure.

Thanks Trevor .i'll add those two. Picked up some kirby stuff today two Mister Miracle tpb collecting issues 1-18 plus  JimmyOlsen adventures volume 2 it's in colour.The Eternals 1-4 the comics couldn't resist it.

Are you sure about Iron man Trevor?I thought he created all the characters in the first avengers comics.

James Stewart
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 May 2005 at 1:47pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Darren Taylor wrote:
 James Stewart wrote:

I'm working on this just now. Still have a few to add.

Forever People , some Inhumans. Captain victory, Destroyer duck,Silver Star, OMAC, Demon, Kamandi, Fighting American.

anyone know of any other heroes Jack Kirby created that i should add?

And do you think Spiderman should be included?, since JK drew the first cover with him on it.

Nice one James.

Cheers Darren. if you want send me the inks for that thing picyou and Justin done, and i'll give it a colouring,You done a great job of it.

Edited by James Stewart on 06 May 2005 at 1:51pm

Trevor Giberson
Byrne Robotics Chronology

Posted: 06 May 2005 at 2:09pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

James Stewart wrote:
 Trevor Giberson wrote:

Jack didn't create Namor.  He did create Captain America, I think.  I don't think he created Iron Man either (I think he just did the cover).

He created The Fly and The Shield (the second one) at Archie comics, see www.mightycrusaders.net

He created The Guardian (and the Newsboy Legion) and about a million other heroes, too.  Look up "Jack Kirby Collector" on google and you'll get tons more, I'm sure.

Thanks Trevor .i'll add those two. Picked up some kirby stuff today two Mister Miracle tpb collecting issues 1-18 plus  JimmyOlsen adventures volume 2 it's in colour.The Eternals 1-4 the comics couldn't resist it.

Are you sure about Iron man Trevor?I thought he created all the characters in the first avengers comics.

Ahh, here's the info we needed: http://www.superherostuff.com/Biographies/IronManBiography.h tml

"Don Heck had the honor of drawing the initial Iron Man story, a rare opportunity in the days when Jack Kirby Seemed to get first crack at just about everything. And, in fact Kirby did have a hand in Iron Man. "He designed the costume," says Heck, "because he was doing the cover. The covers were always done first. But I created the look of the characters, like Tony Stark and his secretary Peeper Potts." Over all, it was Heck's solid craftsmanship that set Iron Man on the road to success."

Back to Top profile | search

Justin Wasson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 May 2005 at 6:55pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

One of many drawings I did during my week's stay at the Hospital. I did this for one of the nurse's kid, and asked her for a copy. 

Justin Wasson

Anthony castrillo
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 May 2005 at 2:07pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

finally finished the comission.
hopes you likes.
mac

Steve Horton
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 May 2005 at 2:20pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Wow! Incredible. Feel like putting together an Image pitch with me? :)
Back to Top profile | search | www

Justin Wasson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 May 2005 at 2:31pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

[/QUOTE]

Cheers Darren. if you want send me the inks for that thing picyou and Justin done, and i'll give it a colouring,You done a great job of it.

[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome James.  Please, color away!!! :-)

Justin Wasson

Anthony castrillo
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 May 2005 at 4:34pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Mig Da Silva
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 May 2005 at 10:47pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Anthony castrillo wrote:
finally finished the comission.
hopes you likes.
mac

I know that many times people just spout this out of courtesy, common politeness, and many times incorrectly, but i'm going out on a limb and say it: You should be in the comics industry.

Great anatomy, movement, nice composition. I would submit a portfolio with DC, or even team up\write something and give an Image submission a shot. If you can produce this level of material (and on time), the comics industry needs talent like you.

Jim Rantschler
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 May 2005 at 11:10pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

<< Prev Page of 2588 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |