Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 16
Topic: Take back the FIFA Peace Prize! Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Message
James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member


Joined: 21 September 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 8717
Posted: 07 October 2026 at 8:54pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Volume.
There's just so much that it becomes fog. Which do you
concentrate on?
He knocked down the East Wing, he wrecked the pool, he
invaded Venezuela and is now stealing their oil, he
invaded Iran, he says LA is a small price to pay, he will
arm the arc, he threatens to invade Greenland, he
threatens Canada. Which do you concentrate on?
Tomorrow it will be something else, then the day after,
and the day after that.

Everything is an outrage, a true outrage, but it is
superseded by the next outrage and the sheer volume means
yesterday's outrage gets pushed further down the pile.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail
 
Edward Aycock
Byrne Robotics Member


Joined: 13 July 2024
Location: United States
Posts: 317
Posted: 08 October 2026 at 10:59am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

That's partly the plan, James.  But we all know that.

If you throw TOO much at the wall, nothing sticks.  

I know I shouldn't be a conspiracy theorist like the other side, but as more time goes by, I think about that shooting in Butler, PA and think, hmmm.  He certainly was quick on his feet, striking a pose and shouting a slogan.

Damn it, now I AM as bad as they.  
Back to Top profile | search
 
James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member


Joined: 21 September 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 8717
Posted: 08 October 2026 at 2:54pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I’m with you there Edward. I am utterly convinced that shooting was staged.
Things like the footage of the photographers being ushered into position
was the final straw for me.

If that footage is false, then fair enough.

And those idiots that wore the ear bandages? Oh my giddy aunt.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail
 
Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member


Joined: 28 July 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 32310
Posted: 08 October 2026 at 6:11pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Oh my giddy aunt
******
I’d never seen/heard this before and now, counting this, I’ve gotten it twice
today!
Back to Top profile | search
 
James Johnson
Byrne Robotics Member


Joined: 16 March 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 2446
Posted: 08 October 2026 at 7:51pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

The majority of the voting public wanted to elect the shit sandwich & a 64 oz. of warm urine just to watch and laugh while the libs consume it.

Less than 14 months later, that same voting majority are now forced to eat the same meal.

I'm sure it's not funny any longer.

It's brings a smile to my face listening to them whine ☺️ 


Back to Top profile | search
 
James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member


Joined: 21 September 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 8717
Posted: 08 October 2026 at 10:33pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Oh my giddy aunt
———-
A popular UK expression of surprise/shock/disbelief - I think it is more of a
northern thing. We said it all the time in Yorkshire, I don’t hear it so much in
the Midlands.
Where else did you see/hear it today Brian?
Back to Top profile | search e-mail
 
Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member


Joined: 28 July 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 32310
Posted: 08 October 2026 at 10:36pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

A YouTube video showing British grandparents trying American dishes.
Back to Top profile | search
 
Edward Aycock
Byrne Robotics Member


Joined: 13 July 2024
Location: United States
Posts: 317
Posted: 09 October 2026 at 12:58am | IP Logged | 8 post reply


 QUOTE:
I am utterly convinced that shooting was staged.
Things like the footage of the photographers being ushered into position
was the final straw for me.

I am 25 years younger than he, and if I came that close to a bullet, I would not stand up.  I would not even be able to speak.  I would not be able to move, much less come up with a slogan on the spot.  
Back to Top profile | search
 
Bill Collins
Byrne Robotics Member


Joined: 26 May 2005
Location: England
Posts: 11739
Posted: 09 October 2026 at 6:18am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

James, i used to hear "Oh my giddy aunt" a lot in the 70's
and 80's but rarely hear it now. A lot of these regional
idioms seem to be dying out. One in particular that i have
only heard Walsall people say is "Gom" instead of "God" i
used to hear it a lot as a kid but not nowadays!
A modern variation of "Oh my giddy aunt" i hear mainly from
Affro/Caribbean people is "Oh my days" and is used in the
same context.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail
 
James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member


Joined: 21 September 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 8717
Posted: 09 October 2026 at 7:56am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I hear 'Oh my days' a lot around Friar Park in Wednesbury.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail
 
Evan S. Kurtz
Byrne Robotics Member


Joined: 04 July 2022
Location: Canada
Posts: 465
Posted: 09 October 2026 at 10:53am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

At my school two years ago a Filipino student popularized “Oh my days.”
Back to Top profile | search
 
James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member


Joined: 21 September 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 8717
Posted: 10 October 2026 at 5:23am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I cannot believe he is going to buy Russian oil just so
he can improve his chances in the mid terms.
Well, I can, because he is that much of a bastard. But
this makes everything that has been fought for, by
everyone over the last few years, either directly by
Ukrainians or indirectly by those who have seen energy
prices sky rocket, a complete and utterly waste of time.

Russia will now have funds to destroy Ukraine and Trump
has handed them to it.
The word evil is a strong word, and can be bandied around
too often. But that man is evil in my eyes. Evil to the
core.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail
 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 16
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |

Forum Jump

 Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login

You are currently viewing the MOBILE version of the site.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FULL SITE