Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 23 Next >>
Topic: January 6 Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 June 2022 at 5:29am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I think she should have stuck to first hand knowledge only.

That wheel grabbing incident is already being denied & could be the lynch
pin that is used to cast doubt on everything else she said.

Which is a shame because the first hand evidence should be enough to
bury the guy & should be used to start a move to remove those he
appointed to the Supreme Court as they were part of his political power
‘power grab’.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Greg McPhee
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 June 2022 at 7:50am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

James, I think what is damning is that Hutchinson's testimony gives us a window into Trump’s state of mind, and that would be admissible in court against Trump.
Back to Top profile | search

Philippe Negrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 June 2022 at 11:33am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Democracy is a great way to prevent a crazed crook from being elected...except if the majority of the population knowingly want to be governed by a crazed crook...No hope...

Greg McPhee
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 June 2022 at 11:46am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I am assuming in all this Ron DeSantis is sitting there sharpening his knives and wanting Trump to get indicted.

You get one dealt with and there is another one in the wings. The difference being DeSantis is more intelligent than Trump at delivering the Trump message.

ron bailey
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 June 2022 at 12:34pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

I think she should have stuck to first hand knowledge only.

That wheel grabbing incident is already being denied & could be the lynch
pin that is used to cast doubt on everything else she said. < id="protanopia"> < id="deuteranopia"> < id="tritanopia">

That's not the way testimony works. At worst they'll just discount that which was relayed as second hand knowledge as opposed to first hand.

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 29 June 2022 at 1:13pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I’ll admit I have trouble making the wheel-grab work in my mind. Trump would not have been in the front seat, surely? And if VEEP has taught us nothing else, it’s that the more important passengers are well back from the driver.

?

Michael Penn
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 June 2022 at 1:52pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

At this point, Hutchinson testified under oath at the risk of perjury -- so, although there are reports that Ornato and Engel are prepared to do the same, we have to wait and see what actually happens.

In any event, back on June 8, Politico reported the following: 

>>
As then-President Donald Trump left a rally with his supporters on Jan. 6, 2021, he appears to have held out hope until the last minute — even as chaos unfolded — that he’d be able to join them at the Capitol.

Trump even raised the prospect privately with the head of his Secret Service detail at the time, Robert Engel, according to a person familiar with the agent’s congressional testimony. Engel rode with Trump in the presidential armored car called “The Beast” back to the White House after the Ellipse rally that preceded that day’s violent riot.

Engel told Jan. 6 select committee investigators that the two men discussed Trump’s desire to go to the Capitol and took different views on the topic. Engel noted that they went back to the White House instead of heading to Capitol Hill. The contents of Engel’s testimony have not been previously reported. Secret Service spokesperson Anthony Guglielmi declined to comment.
<<

All this is consistent with Hutchinson's testimony. And, well, does anything at all about Donald Trump, and especially his crusade against the Stolen Election, suggest a sober, quiet, rational discussion wherein they merely "took different views"? The euphemistic language in this report is risible compared to everything known about Trump.

(It seems sure that Trump was in the backseat of the Beast [the presidential limo], but what would've stopped him from climbing forward to have this, ahem, discussion, and then grabbing the steering wheel? The video and photos I've seen don't depict any barrier.)

ron bailey
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 June 2022 at 1:56pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Probably goes without saying here, but that is the least important part of her testimony. I know I'm preaching to the converted, but I'm just continuously flabbergasted at how a fixation will happen around irrelevant purient details.  < id="protanopia"> < id="deuteranopia"> < id="tritanopia">

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 June 2022 at 2:05pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

It's curious the fixation is on a mostly irrelevant aspect of the testimony... trying to get people distracted from the main focus... 

The fact that tRump wanted the metal detectors removed ahead of an armed insurrection of the U.S. Capitol is the LEAD.

Not the limo hissyfit.

Let's keep our eye on the ball.

He said "Take the magnometers away".

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Michael Penn
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 June 2022 at 2:16pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Whatever could serve to impeach Ms. Hutchinson's credibility is in the scheme of the legal process hardly trivial.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 June 2022 at 3:42pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

He said "Take the magnometers away".

Finish it. “They’re not here to hurt ME!”

ron bailey
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 June 2022 at 3:46pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

To be fair (I don't know why I care), he could have meant, "They're not here to HURT me".  < id="protanopia"> < id="deuteranopia"> < id="tritanopia">

<< Prev Page of 23 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |