Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 27 Next >>
Topic: FBI Raids Mar-a-Lago Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 10 August 2022 at 2:25pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

...the rabid mob's legitimate concerns...

••

Huh?

Back to Top profile | search

ron bailey
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 August 2022 at 2:37pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

poorly worded shorthand: 

Essentially, Trump exploited the legitimate (mostly economic) grievances his followers had about being ignored/overlooked/taken for granted by other political actors. At least he gave lip service to how they felt (not that I don't agree with it). < id="protanopia"> < id="deuteranopia"> < id="tritanopia">

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 August 2022 at 2:54pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

His followers are a lost cause... he NEVER really helped their "economic grievances" in his four years in office*...and things got worse when COVID happened... and we all know how he responded to that!!

-C!

*He promised to eliminate the debt; he only increased it. He promised to win the easy trade war with China; he didn't. He promised Mexico would pay for the wall; didn't happen. His tax cuts were going to trickle down and spur the economy; it didn’t.

Edited by Charles Valderrama on 10 August 2022 at 2:55pm
Back to Top profile | search | www

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 August 2022 at 3:33pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

During Trump’s first reign, I mentioned several times i]that I thought
America was on course that would, eventually, lead to a civil war.

I’m more convinced that this is still the case. The language, the rhetoric, the
tome, all point in this direction.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Conrad Teves
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 August 2022 at 4:11pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

>>I’m more convinced that this is still the case. The language, the rhetoric, the
tome, all point in this direction.<<

On Lawrence O'Donnell's show on MSNBC, he pointed out there are five million Trump voters in FL, with probably a million who live within an hour of Mar-a-Lago. The number who came to protest was less than the number of reporters.  Despite Loudmouth Blather on Twitter, there seem to be clear indications that even the MAGA hats are losing patience with him.

Trump was only a symptom of a deeper malaise.  They can always find a new symptom to replace him.  Despite what his ego would like to believe.  That is of serious concern itself:  what if a competent MAGA type gets into power?

Not ready to write our civilization off yet, but all end eventually.  I was just hoping that it would transcend into something greater when that happened rather than end because of something stupid even as human foibles go. 
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 10 August 2022 at 4:50pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I’m remembering Jack Donaghy referring to “real Americans” and Liz Lemon saying all Americans are real Americans.

Trump is like a cartoon of Donaghy—yes, a cartoon of a cartoon—encouraging his supporters to think of themselves as real Americans. Once again, the parallels to Nazi Germany run just below the surface.

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 August 2022 at 5:09pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Fox News On Hillary But Make The Footage Trump | The Daily Show

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 August 2022 at 7:30pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

It doesn’t apply to THEM, Michael.

Mark Waldman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 August 2022 at 7:36pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

The Trump supporters with the trucks, flags, etc. are a small percentage of the right. Not giving anyone on the right a pass as the voters support the terrible behavior of all their elected officials, but the frothing apes who bark loudest are the minority.

I'm glad I'm on the left. Nothing wrong with the "poorly educated" but it should be embarrassing to swallow such nonsense and love an obvious TV con man and traitor to the extent they do.

I have one relative in Idaho who is a pro Trump gun owner and has been so badly brainwashed he stalks a NY family member with unprovoked, hateful, violent text messages. I'm pretty sure this guy not grow up learning about America and the Constitution only to later side against democracy, free elections, election results, defacing the Capitol, threatening death to those you disagree with (much less your own family). If this isn't a cult, I don't know what is. 

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 August 2022 at 11:26pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

"Nobody in all of history has ever been more persecuted than Donald J. Trump, framed by a conspiracy of multiple government agencies..."

We interrupt this Fox 'News' ass-kissing whinge-fest for breaking news. The 2018 bill signed into law making mismanagement of documents a felony offense, but which still didn't give anyone anything to charge Hilary Clinton with, will be used against the former joke President. Now back to your regularly scheduled misinformation and wild theorizing in the tradition of Karl Rove already in progress...

"...now if a crooked Democrat had been treated this viciously the untouchable elites would be howling for bloody war. It's a hoax just like their Russia and Covid hoaxes, and so, so, unfair to a man who did and accomplished so, so, very very much, believe..."

We interrupt again because this channel has (finally) had it's business license revoked for inciting the public with false and incendiary entertainment pretending to be real information one thousand times too often. Please turn to CSPAN or PBS or even NPR for real, if boring and dry, actual information, which will not be... so, so... entertaining.

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 10 August 2022 at 11:27pm
Back to Top profile | search | www

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 August 2022 at 2:04am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Fox News is NOT a news channel; its a Right-Wing Republican propaganda machine. Their business license should be pulled, and ANYONE who ever worked for them in any capacity other than janitorial and maintenance should be banned for life from legitimate news stations/papers/websites.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Greg McPhee
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 August 2022 at 10:15am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

No one remembers when Richard Kimble in "The Fugitive" took the 5th Amendment...because he never did and was innocent.

<< Prev Page of 27 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |