Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 17 Next >>
Topic: Trump Shot…..At Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 July 2024 at 1:48pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/james-hodgkinson -shooting-republicans-baseball-game

Even when these assholes get shot themselves, they vote for the gun agenda. I guess the money is just that good.
Back to Top profile | search

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 July 2024 at 2:37pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Two things:

If the Republicans do implement Project 2025, they're right that there will be a second American Revolution. But not in the way they expect. Project 2025 essentially turns this country into an Authoritarian Christian Nationalist country, aka Hell for anyone not conservative. It also requires all public high school students to pass a military entrance exam, but conveniently excuses private school students. Aka, guess who's getting drafted in case of war?

And if anything happens to Biden because of this, I'm all for tossing Trump into a black site and forgetting he exists.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 July 2024 at 3:07pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Apparently, the FBI has identified the shooter as 20-year-old Thomas Matthew Crooks of Bethel Park, PA. LINK

He is a registered Republican, and he was killed wearing a Demolition Ranch t-shirt, a popular gun website.

Strange that the Secret Service, when an ex-President is under an active attack, would allow him to stand there and fist bump the crowd partially exposed, knowing there was blood, but not what the injuries were?

Now some reports out there saying he wasn't shot at all, that it was glass from a shattered teleprompter that was hit by the shooter that hit the side of his face and ear.

-C!

Edited by Charles Valderrama on 14 July 2024 at 3:22pm
Back to Top profile | search | www

Michael Casselman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 July 2024 at 4:27pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

The only winner here is someone looking for holes in Secret Service protocols and procedures. 
If a 20 year old homegrown crackpot can slip one past the goalie, wait until one of our enemies sends a pro.
An assassinated head-of-state (former or current) will crack this country wide open. And at that point no one's gonna care about "who started it first".
The Staged Incident/False Flag theories bring out the ugly in everyone.

Michael Casselman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 July 2024 at 4:38pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Strange that the Secret Service, when an ex-President is under an active attack, would allow him to stand there and fist bump the crowd partially exposed, knowing there was blood, but not what the injuries were?
--------------------------------------
They were forming a human shield around him. I'm going to assume that during the initial scrum when they were all on top of him, one of the agents both asked him where he'd been hit and did an on-the-spot assessment of his physical condition.

Short of restraining him, they can do only so much. I'd note that they did a good job of shoving his chubby ass into the Suburban or whatever vehicle it was they hustled him away in. Oh, you lost your shoes? "Mr. President, fuck your shoes and move it."*

Those agents on the stage, I'd say, handled it good. The true AAR is going to probably get into the lead-up to the rally, securing the immediate area, especially the surrounding higher structures that would overlook the rally. Does the Secret Service use drones to monitor the area around outdoor rallys? Did they have enough counter-sniper assets? Lots of questions.

* - There's a good GWB joke somewhere in there about flying shoes, I'm sure...

Edited by Michael Casselman on 14 July 2024 at 4:41pm

Jozef Brandt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 July 2024 at 9:29pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Donated to leftist groups, but registered as a Republican just to vote against Trump in the primary.

Still, 20yr old kid. Probably heard his school teachers call Trump Hitler every day.

Mark Haslett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 July 2024 at 11:18pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Jozef: ...Probably heard his school teachers call Trump Hitler every day.

"Probably"? As in, "In my imaginary fantasy version of his life, I picture his school teachers... etc."

Steven Myers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 July 2024 at 12:19am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

We teachers have big secret meetings every year where we plan how to turn kids into transgender communists who hate white people. We do it because we don't have anything to do all day because teaching is too easy and kids learn things too quickly, so we came up with this. Unfortunately, they're putting the 10 commandments in classrooms and now our planning will be for naught.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Jason Czeskleba
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 July 2024 at 12:30am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

QUOTE:
Donated to leftist groups, but registered as a Republican just to vote against Trump in the primary.

Group, not groups.  He made one donation of $15 to one left-leaning organization (Progressive Turnout Project). 

You have no idea why he registered as a Republican, or who he voted for in the primary.  But of course this is the internet, where anyone can present their BS speculation as though it's a fact.  

It's notable that one of Crooks' high school classmates is quoted in the NY Times as saying he "seemed slightly right-leaning" though, which undercuts your little theory.  Everyone else who's talked about him describes him as not displaying any interest in politics. 

Edited by Jason Czeskleba on 15 July 2024 at 12:41am

ron bailey
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 July 2024 at 3:47am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Besides the significance of the target, the hard truth it turns out this incident is just like so many we have in this country all the time, including the profile of the shooter and his motivations, or lack of same.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 July 2024 at 11:26am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Group, not groups. He made one donation of $15 to one left-leaning
organization (Progressive Turnout Project).
I’ve seen one story where this turned out to be a guy in California that had
the same name as this kid. We’ll see how that turns out, I guess.

Conrad Teves
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 July 2024 at 12:06pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Saw someone suggest the Democrats should introduce a bill called the "Donald Trump Gun Safety Act" just so the Republicans vote against it.

But I don't expect sanity from the "Get Over It" crowd losing their mind at an ear being shot more than a schoolroom full of kids.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

<< Prev Page of 17 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |