Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 17 Next >>
Topic: Trump Shot…..At Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 July 2024 at 5:07pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

One thing that's not a theory was Secret Service and any other security detail failed miserably, so bad it looks like they just let it happen.
Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 15 July 2024 at 5:23pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Or it was staged.

A pretty astonishing picture has been released. One in a million high speed shot showing the bullet before it hit.

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 July 2024 at 5:27pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I can believe that the Trump who was terrified of germs and the Eagle and all other stuff is gone. He's now had enough belief of others - millions of others - pumped into him that I think he's got a genuine messiah complex.  And he's gotten through everything that was meant to take him down unscathed, so he no doubt feels impervious.  This event will only exacerbate that.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Michael Casselman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 July 2024 at 5:54pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

One thing that's not a theory was Secret Service and any other security detail failed miserably, so bad it looks like they just let it happen.

I'm expecting a completely bipartisan ass-reaming of the Secret Service director when they're called to testify. Which is why the conspiracy talk is horseshit. "Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence". 

They got lazy and complacent. As lead agency, it's their job to establish relationships with and roles for the various LE organizations they're working with when it comes to local events, and maintain in constant contact with each other when there are anomalies and suspicious characters in the area. Locking down a set perimeter, searching packages and vehicles, as well as making sure that there are no unguarded buildings or objects that would comprise at least 1000 yard line-of-sight for bad actors.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-rally-sh ooting-secret-service-identified-rooftop-security-flaw-rcna1 61783

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 15 July 2024 at 6:05pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

There’s no reason today invoke conspiracy. Just Trumf being Trumf. The man has lied all his life, even in the age of the internet, when his every word is recorded.

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 July 2024 at 6:26pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

The “SS” (ahem) KNEW there was ONLY one shooter and that shooter had been killed….so they allowed Trump to expose himself and grandstand for a photo that will no doubt make me fucking vomit if I fucking see it again….

And rain isn’t warm and yellow but….if you say so.

Michael Casselman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 July 2024 at 6:36pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

A pretty astonishing picture has been released. One in a million high speed shot showing the bullet before it hit.
-------------------------------------------

Doug Mills was the photographer.

He was also the AP photographer who got the iconic shot of Andy Card whispering into W's ear in the classroom on 9/11.

Robbie Moubert
Byrne Robotics Member

Evertonian

Posted: 15 July 2024 at 7:48pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

QUOTE:
  I think the gunman screwed up and shot too low, which clipped the teleprompter and hit the orange one in the ear.

Both prompter glasses were still intact after the shots were fired.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 July 2024 at 8:12pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Have trump's doctors briefed the media yet on the nature of his wound, and how they treated it? Isn't it routine in a situation like this for the ER doctors or surgeons to brief the media and public?

He was spotted playing golf the next day. Kinda bad considering someone lost their life at his event. I'm sure the media would have
been all over this if it was Biden.

-C!

Peter Hicks
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 July 2024 at 9:37pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Someone aligned footage (based on sound) from the podium with footage from people pointing out a man on the roof.  There was a full two minutes from the time people yelled there was a man on the roof with a gun until the first shot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/interestingasfuck/s/8U0anA5ts1

Joseph Gauthier
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 July 2024 at 11:06pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Especially once it was revealed that the shooter was hardcore MAGA.

Is this true? Certainly you and I consume different news sources, but all I've seen so far is that the would be assassin was a registered Republican who donated fifteen dollars to Act Blue.

John Wickett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 July 2024 at 1:13am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

At this point we don't even know enough about the shooter to say that this was politically motivated.  He could have been anti-Trump, but he also could have been seeking notoriety, or just been suffering from a mental illness, ie James Eagan Holmes.  CNN is reporting that law enforcement was able to gain access to the shooter's cell phone, but still have no leads on a motive. 

<< Prev Page of 17 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |