Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 10 Next >>
Topic: New Thread: Kamala Harris for President Locked Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 July 2024 at 7:54pm | IP Logged | 1  

Before the South Carolina primary in 2020, I was leaning Pete. A man who could speak in complete, well-informed but clearly impromptu responses.  I still like the man but two things would give me pause:

1) as shown in that SC primary, he did really, really badly with the southern African-American core of the party

2) I think his record as Sec. of Transportation isn't great. Admittedly, there have been more and more of these problems as the US infrastructure was already at the point of collapse, things like the East Palestine derailment were the inevitable result of prior moronic deregulation, and supply chain issues were global. But I never felt like he was ever really on top of stuff the way I'd hoped

Edited to add: no doubt some of that is a hint of my disappointment with the structure of the Biden administration. I had an idea going in that by placing really skilled people in those Cabinet positions that the administration was going to run a bit more in parallel.  It still ended up being a very executive-focused approach.

Edited by Dave Kopperman on 24 July 2024 at 8:00pm
Back to Top profile | search | www

Conrad Teves
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 July 2024 at 8:13pm | IP Logged | 2  

It's possible someone cracked the code on why TFG keeps talking about Hannibal Lecter.  It's been suggested that he doesn't know that the word "Asylum" has more than one meaning, that Asylum seekers coming across the borders have been removed from insane asylums in Venezuela or wherever.  

I suppose he thinks he's being clever?
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 July 2024 at 10:01pm | IP Logged | 3  

@Conrad

He’s just dumb enough to make this perfectly plausible.  
Back to Top profile | search

James Johnson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 July 2024 at 11:05pm | IP Logged | 4  

She's one of the cringiest sub-Quayle intellects I've ever seen in politics.

The machine probably likes her because she's as empty-headed and controllable as the dementia-riddled Biden.

@Jozef

So that's how it feels to be inFOXicaed.

ron bailey
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 July 2024 at 11:33pm | IP Logged | 5  

Just being objectively observant, Harris did have many interviews and speaking appearances early in her vice-presidential term where she did not impress. Presumably she has worked on that since.
She has also (so far) not spoken to much outside her obvious comfort zone, either in topics or demographically. She has also been quoted asa saying she doesn't enjoy the tedium of campaigning. She needs to do all three and convincingly well if she hopes to win over independents, which is where the difference in the election lies in those three or four battleground states. 

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 July 2024 at 7:28am | IP Logged | 6  

Why are the people who are calling this a
couple saying Biden should step down?
Wouldn't that be an actual coup (no it
wouldn't).

I've never been able to make sense of this
crowd.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Koroush Ghazi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 July 2024 at 10:01am | IP Logged | 7  

If we're genuinely going to be objective, then let's face facts: Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, a cinder block with a smiley face painted on it... there are literally innumerous choices for a better Presidential candidate than Donald Trump.

Trump is, according to most performance measures across the spectrum of effective governance and intellectual capability, a dangerously bad parody of an idiot; I imagine he'd have to use something like the Krell's "plastic educator" from Forbidden Planet just to boost his IQ from Imbecile to Moron.

In my humble opinion, the Democrats have already lost a great deal by bickering internally about Biden. They should now simply press ahead and focus on attacking Trump rather than defending Kamala.

Wilson Mui
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 July 2024 at 1:38pm | IP Logged | 8  

The WSJ had an article yesterday discussing
how Biden and Harris developed their working
relationship over time. They didn't know each
other before the election. She proved herself
by asking insightful questions during their
meetings together. That's not a sign of
someone with below-average intellect.

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 July 2024 at 2:12pm | IP Logged | 9  

Calling her a person of "below-average intellect" is their way of calling her the n word without calling her the n word....  The same goes for them saying she's a "DEI hire".

Casey Sager
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 July 2024 at 5:12pm | IP Logged | 10  

Well, it appears being bit by the "worlds largest mosquito" has not caused Trump to bring down the temperature politically as was originally reported.

I love being called a communist, marxist, fascist who is not only killing our Country, but thousands of babies up to birth and sometimes after, on a daily basis.

Yeah, that's not dangerous rhetoric that's going to cause some MAGA nutjob to take it out on liberals.

Edited by Casey Sager on 25 July 2024 at 8:06pm

Peter Hicks
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 July 2024 at 10:07pm | IP Logged | 11  

He’s just dumb enough to make this perfectly plausible.”
Just how dumb is Trump?  Well, he was told that Vice President Harris is half Indian, and then referred to her as Pocahontas.

ron bailey
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 July 2024 at 12:10am | IP Logged | 12  

Noteworthy: I was not aware of the major shift in lost Baby Boomer voters (passing away) to Generation Z voters coming of voting age (David Plouffe, Obama's campaign strategist). It is in he tens of millions on both sides. 
Again, given that the election will come down to just four states or so, I wonder how much that dynamic plays out in the battleground states.

<< Prev Page of 10 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |