Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 10 Next >>
Topic: New Thread: Kamala Harris for President Locked Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 July 2024 at 12:52am | IP Logged | 1  

I am also curious to see if, now that we have another woman as candidate for President again, what happens with the vote of those who said they wouldn't vote for Hillary Clinton because they didn't want her, with all her "baggage", to be the first.

Back to Top profile | search

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 July 2024 at 2:13am | IP Logged | 2  

The issue that year is because the "Bernie or bust" people got their panties in a wad and they voted 3rd party.  This is how the orange one won.  Hopefully they learned their lesson this time!

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 July 2024 at 2:39am | IP Logged | 3  

Just how dumb is Trump? Well, he was told that Vice President Harris is
half Indian, and then referred to her as Pocahontas.
Dammit. Now I have to defend him. He called Elizabeth Warren Pocahontas
after she revealed she came from Native American ancestry.

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 July 2024 at 3:08am | IP Logged | 4  

How's that a defense of Trump, Brian? 

Kamala in half-Indian, as in India. Trump calling Kamala "Pocahontas" is truly stupid and ignorant and does not apply.  Calling Warren, who claimed Native-American ancestry,  was taunting and mocking her, and adding a racist slant for good measure. 

So, calling Kamala that name isn't dumb?

Back to Top profile | search | www

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 July 2024 at 3:13am | IP Logged | 5  

Kevin Brown: "...The issue that year is because the "Bernie or bust" people got their panties in a wad and they voted 3rd party.  This is how the orange one won...."

One of the reasons, yes. That nonsense about her missing emails and Comey reopening the FBI investigation to look into it just before the election also didn't help.

But, as far as is American ready for a woman President,  Hilary did win the popular vote. As long as we aren't screwed over yet again by the Electoral College,  I think Kamala has a real chance. She has my vote no matter what. 
Back to Top profile | search | www

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 July 2024 at 11:36am | IP Logged | 6  

He didn’t call Kamala Pocahontas. He called Warren Pocahontas. And yes,
it’s stupid and racist for him to do so.

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 July 2024 at 11:57am | IP Logged | 7  

The Electoral College is the most “DEI” s#it I can imagine right now.

Easily the worst Affirmative Action program EVER!

Edited by David Allen Perrin on 26 July 2024 at 11:57am

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 26 July 2024 at 12:31pm | IP Logged | 8  

The Dems overlooked how deeply disliked Clinton was on a personal levell. She was like a female Bob Dole, steeped in entitlement and assuming the presidency was hers by right.

Michael Penn
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 July 2024 at 2:34pm | IP Logged | 9  

It was indeed historically remarkable that the Dems selected a candidate in 2016 so disliked that electing that guy was actually possible.

Conrad Teves
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 July 2024 at 2:43pm | IP Logged | 10  

A recent poll in Michigan gives Trump zero percent among black voters. 

Link to Newsweek article : Link

That's statistically extraordinary, as it's said you can usually get 6% of people to say yes to almost anything.

Personal anecdote (I may have told this story):  When I was in 6th grade, we were having a spelling/vocabulary lesson and the word "decapitate" came up. The teacher asked if anyone knew what it meant.  A few of us raised our hands.  He then asked if anyone would like to *be* decapitated.  All of us with our hands up promptly put our hands down.  One intrepid soul sheepishly put his hand up, even having seen us put ours down.  In a class of around 25, about as close to 6% as you can get.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

ron bailey
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 July 2024 at 2:46pm | IP Logged | 11  

Michael, I applaud you for your restraint :)
"historically remarkable"? A toast to you, my good man!

No one should "expect" the presidency (or any other role, for that matter) for any reason, so I really hope after this current history making honeymoon is over that there is a 100 day plus sprint in not taking any state, county, or district for granted and at least being able to say you left it all on the table in reaching out to EVERYBODY when all is said and done. Those on the fence, for whatever reason, would have at least a begrudging respect for the candidate that makes that effort. It is symbolic of what their priorities would be while in office. When I see Trump at a UFC event AND going for photo ops at a bodega in Manhattan, it is evident that he gets it (and not much else!).

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 26 July 2024 at 3:05pm | IP Logged | 12  

Personal anecdote (I may have told this story): When I was in 6th grade, we were having a spelling/vocabulary lesson and the word "decapitate" came up. The teacher asked if anyone knew what it meant. A few of us raised our hands. He then asked if anyone would like to *be* decapitated. All of us with our hands up promptly put our hands down. One intrepid soul sheepishly put his hand up, even having seen us put ours down. In a class of around 25, about as close to 6% as you can get.

•••

Not by axe or sword, but if I was to be executed, I would choose decapitation by guillotine. Hard to mess up*

(I read recently that decapitation by guillotine is intensely painful, but since pain depends upon memory, and memory is gone quickly…)

———

* Except deliberately, and that’s always a possibility, no matter what the method.

<< Prev Page of 10 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |