Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Commissioned Artwork MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Commissioned Artwork << Prev Page of 10
Topic: And So It Ends... - 12.31.2012 Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 3:28pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

2012 was a painful year .....this works captures that feeling.....I wish everyone a joyous 2013....

Back to Top profile | search

Jason Stephens
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 10:55pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Isn't everyone drawn to a pretty lady in a sweater?

Greg Kirkman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 January 2013 at 2:59pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I'd like to thank this thread for giving me a lovely nightmare, which involved my trying to warn Heather and AF about Courtney posing as Guardian.

Also--and this will probably sound terrible--but I should mention that AF # 12 is one of those comics that comes to mind often, quote-wise. I'm a king of quotes in my daily life (movies, TV, comics).

So, whenever I see a countdown of some sort (usually the microwave), I find myself thinking, "I'd say I've got about...ten seconds.".

Also, whenever I'm just on the edge of being late for something, or trying to do something very precise, I think, "But it's still overheating. I may not..."

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 06 January 2013 at 7:57am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I'm reminded of a BEETLE BAILEY daily, in which Sarge and the Captain pass the Chaplain on the parade grounds and say "hi", and he responds to them with a Biblical quote. One of them notes that everything the Chaplain says sounds like a quotation. Is it really, or is it just the way he says it?

In the last panel, the three are in the mess hall, at the same table, where the Chaplain says "Pass the salt," in quotes, and the Captain says "It's the way he says it."

Classic example of the kind of gag that can really only be done in a medium like comics.

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 January 2013 at 8:03am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Also, whenever I'm just on the edge of being late for something, or trying to do something very precise, I think, "But it's still overheating. I may not..."
-----------------------------------
When I'm fiddling with a tricky gagdet or whatever, I often think to myself 'of course, the parts are built for easy access' (which is a misquote...)

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 10
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |