Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 March 2020 at 8:34am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Peter, it was surreal. Very strange for me to think of how these addresses from Trump are being spun in the US. The general concensis for me and my friends is that in two weeks the US might have a catastrophe on their hands that rivals Italy. Any action taken today is two weeks away from seeing the result due to the virus incubation period. Since the US isn't doing much testing they don't have an idea of where the virus is most prevalent and are only reacting to where it is currently devastating the population. April 6th will be a fairly good indicating date as to whether or not they are getting ahead of the virus.
Back to Top profile | search

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 March 2020 at 5:32pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Just read Trump says doctors have not "endorsed" his idea of easing guidelines on social distancing to right the coronavirus... "I think they're OK with it." 

Yet, Dr. Fauci and health experts say this outbreak will last likely for months and social distancing is KEY.

He doesn't care if people die. He only cares about the stock market.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Mason Meomartini
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 March 2020 at 7:30pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

My understanding is that Trump is not pushing chloroquine. He simply said it's been working and protocols must be adapted to the emergency. Unfortunately Nigeria is a country that's falling apart. They have endless conflicts and Boko Haram has been causing havoc there for years. Every week a different massacre and Christian persecution and mass executions of church communities. So they seem to be panicking there.
They have been using this combo of medicines, including ones for ebola and HIV and others. But the most promising is chloroquine. They have been using it for some time and it's being sent to China. Fake media is distorting everything all the time.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 March 2020 at 8:42pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Trump's FALSE words: "A drug called chloroquine - and some people would add to it, hydroxychloroquine - so chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine...it's been around for a long time, so if things don't go as planned it's not going to kill anybody."

Trump's misinformation on chloroquine has killed someone. LINK1 

Nothing FAKE about him leading people to believe his misleading coronavirus updates. (Dr. Fauci said on the same presser that it was NOT safe, but some people heard what they wanted to believe, not what was true.)

-C!

Edited by Charles Valderrama on 23 March 2020 at 9:02pm

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 March 2020 at 9:31pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

President Murder wants to be the one who can say, "See, I was the one who told you to try this cure, and now it's yuge. Really yuge, and I was the one who presented it to you."

He DOES NOT CARE if his advice kills anyone, as it already has. He DOES NOT CARE if his inaction results in deaths, as it has. 

He is not a leader in any sense... but I'll be he'd have been proud running the showers at Auschwitz.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 March 2020 at 5:42am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

None of his base is going to listen to Dr Fauci over him because he
doesn’t care what Dr Fauci says.

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 March 2020 at 6:44am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

My understanding is that Trump is not pushing chloroquine.
----------------------------
Your understanding doesn't seem to jibe with the facts. Trump retweets this: "NEW DATA: A French study has demonstrated evidence that the combination of Hydroxychloroquine & Azithromycin are highly effective in treating Covid-19."

Then he says of the anti-malarial drugs: "I think it's going to be very exciting. I think it could be a game changer. And maybe not. Maybe not, but I think it could be, based on what I see, it could be a game changer. Very powerful, they’re very powerful."

Maybe you could interpret that as sitting on the fence. But I think it leans a certain way.

And then when you add this that he subsequently said:

"We are going to be able to make that drug available almost immediately. That's where the FDA has been so great. They've gone through the approval process. It's been approved. And they did it, they took it down for many, many months to immediate. We are going to be able to make that drug available by prescription or states."

Doesn't sound at all like he's sitting on the fence.

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 March 2020 at 6:51am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Though, to be fair to Trump, he didn't recommend grabbing any version of the drug and ingesting it, like the couple with the fish-tank-cleaning product in Arizona did.

Edited by Peter Martin on 24 March 2020 at 6:51am

Richard Stevens
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 March 2020 at 6:52am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Even if he wasn't *pushing* it, he brought up an obscure medication in front of a huge audience. Nobody would god damn know about it if he hadn't thoughtlessly blabbed.

Fred J Chamberlain
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 March 2020 at 7:10am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Everyone should question the news and the sources, but anyone still
clinging to the term, “fake news”, is not Someone I will discuss current
or past events with.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Richard Stevens
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 March 2020 at 7:38am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Agreed. Using the term "fake news" is the plain text version of a racist red baseball cap.

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 March 2020 at 9:11am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

There is certainly a 'theme' developing in certain posts
at the moment. And that 'theme' is disturbing to say the
least.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |