Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 March 2020 at 6:59pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Governor Cuomo - both the current and the prior - seemed extremely capable and competent, with their eyes right on the pulse of current events and issue. I was so waiting for governor Mario to run for president, as he seemed poised to make such a move. And then he didn't. Perhaps this will be the trial by fire that Andrew Cuomo will find qualifies him as president. He's certainly taking presidential type action.
Back to Top profile | search

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 March 2020 at 9:06pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

When did the fucking GOP become so blazingly incompetent?  I've disagreed with their policies since I was old enough to understand what it all meant (starting around ten), but I don't recall them being so uniformly lousy at the basic needs of governance.  It's like they remembered how to get power and keep power, but no idea what to do when they're there other than to perpetuate and consolidate power.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Trevor Krysak
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 March 2020 at 1:01am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Unfortunately the stable genius who knows more than everyone else is recommending drugs and people may be following his advice. With the obvious results.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 22 March 2020 at 1:45am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Timeline of Trump on Covid-19.  A clear and quite obvious path from disbelief, obfuscation, and outright lies to sobering truth turned to "always believing it to be so" so much that he's trying to shape himself into someone that was on the frontline.  Shameful.  Someone try to come up with a defense for this, seriously.  I dare you.

Ronald Joseph
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 March 2020 at 6:49am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

This whole 'Chinese virus' crap

Every time he says that, my stomach twists in knots. 
Every. Fucking. Time. Because he knows damn well he shouldn't be calling it that.

He's a petty, spiteful little prick. 
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

James Johnson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 March 2020 at 9:06am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

At this rate, don't be surprised if he finds a way to screw with the elections in November. 

We know it's coming.  Question is, who's going to prevent him from making the attempt? 

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 March 2020 at 10:11am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Governor Cuomo - both the current and the prior - seemed extremely capable and competent, with their eyes right on the pulse of current events and issue. I was so waiting for governor Mario to run for president, as he seemed poised to make such a move. And then he didn't. Perhaps this will be the trial by fire that Andrew Cuomo will find qualifies him as president. He's certainly taking presidential type action.

I was thinking the same, Eric. I think Cuomo has done an excellent job and prefer to listen to him over the egotistical moron in the White House. Cuomo should run for President!

-C!

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 March 2020 at 11:33am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Dave K. - June 6, 2015. With confirmation on November 9, 2016, and execution completed on January 20, 2017.

Charles! - I'll agree to your assessment. 2024 isn't all that far away (although it might be an ETERNITY to some of us...) But if the Dems have half a brain, they'll ask him to give the keynote at this year's convention, whenever it occurs. That seems a good launching point for a strong and viable candidate.

Ronald J. - The man is scum. He'd blame it on the blacks, the Jews, or the immigrants if he could too. "These South Americans, they don't know about hygiene... so they live in their huts, huddle together around their cooking fires, eat anything, and then come into the US like living time bombs. We must have a wall with armed guards to stop them. They're the reason the whole country is sick."

And "China virus" - well, I don't suppose he can fuck up our relations in the international community unless he launches a nuclear attack against China, writing it off as "Since that's where the virus comes from, wiping out the source will wipe out the disease." Don't think he wouldn't do it. I'm sure he would.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 March 2020 at 6:15pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Trump's coronavirus briefing today was so insane (stopped listening after five minutes but read some updates!) that it should be the briefing that FINALLY convinces major media to stop covering these horribly despicable daily fiascos!!

-C!

Peter Hicks
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 March 2020 at 7:06pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

After Trump finished his Sunday address, the CBC news anchor said "When we come back from the break, we'll be joined by Sally Brown from The Hill to try to figure out what the heck we just listened to."

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 March 2020 at 8:00am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Well now he’s taking advice from the leader of Hilton hotels, so we
should be in good shape going forward.

James Johnson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 March 2020 at 8:31am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

If only he could: